Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rikenon 55mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Rikenon 55mm f1.4 Reply with quote

I was never good at woodwork or metalwork at school. And so I felt a bit silly this week when I bought a broken Ricoh Singlex with a 55mm f1.4, thinking that, because the Singlex was the same camera as the Nikon Nikkorex, the lens would be Nikon F mount. Not quite: you can put Nikon lenses on the Ricoh camera but you can't put Ricoh lenses on a Nikon camera. The mounts are slightly different. Anyway, I felt very proud this afternoon when I bought a metal file and filed off bits of metal from the lens to make it fit a Nikon adapter. Sample pictures later!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Well done!

I mean it really looks gorgeous! It resembles the old pre-AI Nikkors a bit and the glass looks pristine (as fas as I can tell from here...)

Last edited by LucisPictor on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation! I look forward samples!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I never knew that. ... but now I know: Ricoh didn't make only M42 and K bajonett lenses and cameras.
Searchig, I found:
http://www.cameraguild.jp/nekosan/singrex.htm
and another Singlex, this time with M42
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/ricoh/ricoh_singlex_tls/ricoh_singlex_tls.htm
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Singlex was Ricoh's only Nikon-mount effort - the same camera as the Nikkorex F. After that they changed to the M42 mount and never looked back, following Pentax to the K mount in the late 1970s.

I have the 55/1.4 Rikenon in M42, I wonder how similar the lenses are? It's several years later than the bayonet version.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you've done it Razz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm officially impressed. All these shots were taken wide open - I rarely use f1.4 during the day, but that's what I wanted to test - I have other 50/55mm lenses for when the fast aperture is not essential... As far as I am concerned, the results at f1.4 are as good as anything that came from the considerably more expensive Nikkor 50mm f1.4 AI that I just sold!

(Maybe should have stopped down aperture to get the brick in focus for this last one - but f1.4 is so much fun!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puplet don't tell me where those cats are, because if I knew, I would come there and abduct them!
They both are amongst the most beautiful cats that I have ever seen!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones!! Especially the last one!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, guys! Orio, all three are rescue cats. The white one and the black one were from the local animal shelter, and the tortoiseshell we found in our garden when she was a small (wild) kitten. Here she is on her first day in the house: she crept into the sleeve one of my jumpers (while I was weaing it!) and this is her waking up... Please don't abduct her Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shoot also!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puplet wrote:
Please don't abduct her Smile

I can't promise that, she's too cute and the tortoise cats are my preferred cats of all. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you are getting scary - perhaps Sootie (the black one) is hiding from you? Cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really beginning to like this lens: took it out for its first non-test evening and bumped into these two devil-girls...

Any softness of focus is due to beer, not lens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devil girls? So I imagine they were very, very bad girls. Twisted Evil

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice adaption and beautiful shots! I'll be looking for this lens. Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work and nice shots, congrats!.
Kitten are charming, the #1 shot is perfect.

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puplet wrote:
...Any softness of focus is due to beer, not lens.

Laughing Laughing

Excellent shots, the cats and the "kittens". Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could handle one, but both at the same time?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid samples Puplet. Did you make any good new ones during these years?

Gujo made nice different Pentax lenses 1.4/50(55) comparison and included Rikenon M42 claiming it's one of the sharpest:
http://www.pentax-forum.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1296&sid=285089674e6feb86c268c40a10c5d512

I recently received Nikon Rikenon (it's beautiful!) and it seems different lens then M42 versions (not to mention PK which is totally redesigned).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lens looks pretty good. The pics all look very nice. good work, thanks for posting the samples. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy of this chunk of glass) I bought it for 100 usd.

Samples taken with this glass:

What can i say - i like it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples!

rick_oleson wrote:
The original Singlex was Ricoh's only Nikon-mount effort - the same camera as the Nikkorex F. After that they changed to the M42 mount and never looked back, following Pentax to the K mount in the late 1970s.

I have the 55/1.4 Rikenon in M42, I wonder how similar the lenses are? It's several years later than the bayonet version.

Nikkorex Rikenon has different optical design then Tomioka M42 Rikenon. At least bigger last group which looks exactly the same as one on my old Nikkor lenses. I think Nikkorex Rikenon optics was made by Nikon or Nikkor was cloned by Tomioka.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gothic_Snake wrote:
My copy of this chunk of glass) I bought it for 100 usd.
What can i say - i like it!

Nice samples but these are 2 completely diffrent lenses. The M42 was made by Tomioka.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks sharp, any crops?