Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh KR10 Super: will it survive the test of time?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Ricoh KR10 Super: will it survive the test of time? Reply with quote

I've just completely disassembled broken specimen. I used parts on another one. I wanted to show a specific part i encountered and IMHO will not survive the test of time. Material degraded into something sticky. See the orange thing in the middle already partially pealed off:

Aftermath:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not strange
A lot of even expensive cameras had plastic and rubber parts that go bad. We all know about things like foam light seals and anti vibration parts. I could show you my Pentax LX which in the PK mount world is the top end in cost and quality. Mirror bumpers, electric insulators are degraded and need replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ricoh KR10 Super: will it survive the test of time? Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

My friend is a "home mechanic" and has a motorbike that looks just like. Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are not going to re-assemble it then? Wink

Looks like a nice DIY kit like this!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats that article in the newspaper about - (ancient) skull art?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Whats that article in the newspaper about - (ancient) skull art?

Human Skull: Trophy & Symbol Of Power
It can be said it's about exhibition about 300 found artifacts from the Age of Empires, major theme being the skull.

TrueLoveOne wrote:
So you are not going to re-assemble it then? Wink
Looks like a nice DIY kit like this!

At first i did play with idea i will repair / unblock it. Well as usually disassemble didn't go as intended. Now this is great source of parts. Few of them i already used to renovate my other working Ricoh KR10 Super.

On photos there is missing complete electronics / electrics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I I have a camera all dessambled lioke yours, I will cry all the day, sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
I I have a camera all dessambled lioke yours, I will cry all the day, sure.

Smile