Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh GXR A12 50mm/F2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Ricoh GXR A12 50mm/F2.5 Reply with quote

Today I've reactivated my old Ricoh GXR with the A12/50mm module which was introduced more than 10 years ago.

Actually it's equipped with a 33mm/F2.5 lens on a 12MP APS-C sensor as an interchangeable module. It's a very unique concept and has certainly also some advantages as the sensor and the lens is a closed fixed unit which prevents dust on the sensor and allows the optimization of the sensor for a single lens. There is also the M-module which allows the usage of any M-mount lens with very special focus aids which haven't been seen yet an any other camera. It's sensor is also optimized for wide ange RF lenses.

However, back to the "50mm" module which provides also tack sharp pictures already wide open for landscape photography which I consider as remarkable as well.

Here is an example picture from this camera/module combination at F2.5:

I think I will use this camera again more often in the future. Still going strong.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1