Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh Diacord G / Rikenon 3.5/80mm, Acros
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Ricoh Diacord G / Rikenon 3.5/80mm, Acros Reply with quote

I finally restarted b&w developing after 30 years - first a 35mm film, but immediately 120. Neopan Acros has a long tonal range and therefore seems less contrasty, perhaps the T-max develper has a hand in it. I decided to accentuate this in the scan, then add a bit of contrast in photoshop. Ricoh Diacord G - released in 1958, 80mm f3.5 Rikenon. The G has 10 aperture blades vs. 5 in the Diacord L.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super looking shots - You haven't lost the knack then! Smile And the Diacord/Acros combination looks excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fav is #2 nice one!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acros looking good, 1 and 2 are my faves. Congrats on the developing, I'll
be sending you all my BW rolls to do. Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yeah, maybe I should go into business, heh. It was fun, and a whole lot cheaper than paying a lab. Thanks guys...

I think I had a yellow filter on, in this setup - a Bay1 -> Series 6 adapter, the filter nestled in it, held in by the lens shade.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You nailed that Victorian, perfect exposure! (Was an instant fave on flickr).

I'll be trying the yellow filter that screws on the wide lens to my Koni.