Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ribblehead Viaduct - Tamron AD2 SP 28a....and an exposure Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Ribblehead Viaduct - Tamron AD2 SP 28a....and an exposure Q Reply with quote

Hi

I took out my new acquisition yesterday to see how it performed

End results are quite favourable, but I found I needed to "dial-in" some -EV as the lens seemed to over-expose a lot of pictures

Has anyone else using this lens found this to be the case?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, 28A is a good lens IMO, perhaps one of the best MF available covering that range.

If the Ev adjust is consistent - half to one stop - I wouldn't worry about it its pretty normal for me with my Pentax that some ev adjust is required. And can vary from lens to lens.
However what mount were you using Mark? That would be the first thing I would look at. Old PKA mounts in particular seem to be inherently a little "sticky". I wrote these pieces on PF about PKA mount inaccuracies.

Part 1.
Part 2
Part 3.

If the mount performs consistently without varying amount of over exposure with changing f stop on a variety of adaptall lenses, then that symptom can be due to a slightly sticky iris/aperture - not closing down sufficiently.
If you are using a camera that isn't aperture connecting to the adaptall lens, then it's the lens that needs scrutinising.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I am using a Nikon adapter. I know it's not the adapter as I have used more than one with this lens.

Cheers