Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rheinmetall Exa + Tessar and Exaktar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject: Rheinmetall Exa + Tessar and Exaktar Reply with quote

rheinmetall by Berang Berang, on Flickr

I recently got a Rheinmetall Exa. The price was too good to pass up. US $68 including the 2.8/50 Tessar! The camera shows very little wear, and the lens has very slight haze, but for the price there's no complaint out of me!

I loaded a roll of agfa precisa, and went out to take pictures.

woods by Berang Berang, on Flickr

cabriolet by Berang Berang, on Flickr

wall by Berang Berang, on Flickr

This wall used to dam up a small cold spring, it's broken now so the water flows out into a lake. However there is apparently an endangered newt species that lives in the spring, so you're not allowed to go down to the wall. If you get caught there's a big fine, so I kept behind the warning sign.

steps by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Untitled by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Smiley Porsche 356 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Next I tried out the Exaktar 2/50. This lens mimics the look of a Pancolar, but was made in Japan. This is the lens that sometimes has a fake Pancolar name ring screw on over the Exaktar name ring. They seem to have been imported by The Exakta Camera Co. of New York.

Werner Piano Co Chicago by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Workmanship Warranted by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Build quality is not up to Zeiss Jena standards - but the image quality certainly seems to give the real Pancolar 2/50 a run for its money. Quite sharp and nice OOF rendering too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!
I have a couple of Exas, and this looks just like the early model except for the marking.
First one I have seen , thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos! You really got good results with that old camera and nice lenses.
I should take mine out and try it. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results!

I don't understad why they need multi-coating? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, a nice camera, have it too. My daugther like it much Smile
Rheinmetall did not mention this camera on their history website, but the boring Leopard 2 tank :-/
http://www.rheinmetall.com/en/rheinmetall_ag/group/corporate_history/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that they just skip a decade of products. I guess destructive products are more interesting than constructive ones like typewriters and cameras.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
Interesting that they just skip a decade of products. I guess destructive products are more interesting than constructive ones like typewriters and cameras.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Indeed. At first I wasn't sure if it was the same company!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera and beautiful photos,thanks for sharing,especially the Exaktar 2/50 photos...I would love one of these lenses...so I keep looking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're a little hard to find since they only showed up during the last few years of Exakta production. I was lucky to find this one on its own, usually they're attached to late model Exaktas.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen only a handful over the years and mainly in the US. One day I will find one at the right price Wink...well I live in hope.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Find !!