Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RF mirror cleaning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: RF mirror cleaning Reply with quote

I did kill succesfully an Certos external range finder mirror, finder didn't work I did open it and adjust it , due it was open I did clean mirrors with pure alcohol with a cotton tab. Result is all silver gone from mirrors , RF is not usable any more without re-silvering Embarassed Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Attila, and what a pity. I heard about this but never know anyone that actually experienced it.
Don't know how much room you have inside the rangefinder, but maybe a small piece of thin mirror could be used...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought silver on rare side like on 'normal' mirror Sad not easy to cut such a small mirror and need to mark some how yellow circle I think.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I thought silver on rare side like on 'normal' mirror Sad not easy to cut such a small mirror and need to mark some how yellow circle I think.

Might be I can take mirror from a garbage Russian RF body don't know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May not be a cheap option, but a stained glass person or shop ought to be able to cut a scrap piece of mirror to size. Also, small pieces of glass and mirror scrap might be had cheap or free from a glass shop or car autobody shop (part of a broken rear view mirror maybe?)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an important project I have several good ones, I have a scanner also with broken mirror perhaps sometimes I will repair both.