Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Revuenon 55mm f1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Revuenon 55mm f1.2 Reply with quote

Used this lens quite a bit today in overcast conditions with soft light.
The area of bush has recently been burnt out by a fire, and recent rains have helped begin re-generation.
Tom

@f1.2

@f2

@f8

This one taken with SMC Pentax K 28mm f3.5. The 55mm was just too long to fit in all that I wanted

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more from this very nice lens.
It seems to have a painterly effect to my eye and is pleasing.
T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Fire damage can give some very interesting contrast for imaging.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking images. I just bounced over to eBay to see what these lenses are selling for. Yow! Those things are spendy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you jamaeolus.
Michael, mine is in PK mount and I bought it some years ago when prices were still sensible.
Too many lenses are being marketed for silly prices these days
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures. Bokeh looks lovely.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Thank you jamaeolus.
Michael, mine is in PK mount and I bought it some years ago when prices were still sensible.
Too many lenses are being marketed for silly prices these days
Tom

PK mount, eh? Most all the ones I was seeing were M42. PK would be nice . . .

As for prices, you're right enough about that, Tom. It's getting harder and harder to find deals. Especially on the good stuff. I'm glad I went a little nuts back in 2009 and 2010 and bought as much gear as I did back then. Cuz I couldn't afford a lot of it now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these images!
Those burnt bush details give very nice black tones. But I am still happy not to have those wild fires here in Germany too often.

The Revue 55mm/1.2 prices are high for a reason, or two. It has an interessting bokeh, and it is f/1.2. Booth together is expesnive on other manufacturers as well.
Only the Revue lens was long time very cheap, because of its bad name. And perhaps cause people don´t know that pronounces special bokeh is an image aberration and often costs image sharpness.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
I love these images!
Those burnt bush details give very nice black tones. But I am still happy not to have those wild fires here in Germany too often.

The Revue 55mm/1.2 prices are high for a reason, or two. It has an interessting bokeh, and it is f/1.2. Booth together is expesnive on other manufacturers as well.
Only the Revue lens was long time very cheap, because of its bad name. And perhaps cause people don´t know that pronounces special bokeh is an image aberration and often costs image sharpness.

Thank you ZoneV.
Australia is a strange country where quite a lot of the landscape has evolved to not only cope with fire, but also to thrive after it.
Some plants will not germinate until after a fire and some need the heat or the smoke for the seeds to become fertile.
This was a low intensity fire from lightning during spring, so was a perfect opportunity for the flora to react.
It is our intense summer fires that are so damaging.
Here are a couple of other images from the Revuenon 1.2/55 that also show off its quality
Tom