Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Revuenon 1.2/55 - Not easy to use.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

I know lens is considered COSINA nevertheless i wonder how it is possible one company makes two totally different lenses like PORST Reflex 1.2/55 and this Revuenon 1.2/55mm.

What is so different in Porst? It has differently made mount and this is indeed quite unusual but apart of this it seems it's the same lens.

Everything is different Smile. I don't know the optical scheme though. To exclude misunderstanding: i am saying PORST-Reflex (COSINA) PK 1.2/55mm is totally different from Revuenon PK 1.2/55mm. I suspect Revuenon came out from the same plant that made XR Rikenons. Clearly very different from COSINA products of the same period.

Many differences discussed here: http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-bayonet-1-4-50mm-alternatives-chinon-cosina-ricoh-t60018.html
Regarding to above link one must consider RICOH 1.4/50mm PK is a smaller brother of REVUENON 1.2/55mm PK.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
dimitrygo wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

I know lens is considered COSINA nevertheless i wonder how it is possible one company makes two totally different lenses like PORST Reflex 1.2/55 and this Revuenon 1.2/55mm.

What is so different in Porst? It has differently made mount and this is indeed quite unusual but apart of this it seems it's the same lens.

Everything is different Smile. I don't know the optical scheme though. To exclude misunderstanding: i am saying PORST-Reflex (COSINA) PK 1.2/55mm is totally different from Revuenon PK 1.2/55mm. I suspect Revuenon came out from the same plant that made XR Rikenons. Clearly very different from COSINA products of the same period.

Many differences discussed here: http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-bayonet-1-4-50mm-alternatives-chinon-cosina-ricoh-t60018.html
Regarding to above link one must consider RICOH 1.4/50mm PK is a smaller brother of REVUENON 1.2/55mm PK.

Sorry, no idea what can be relevant in that thread to the current discussion.
From the pictures I can found in internet looks like there are 2 versions of Porst and 2 versions of Cosina:
Porst 1st version:

Porst 2nd version:

Cosina 1st version:

Cosina 2nd version:

Revuenon:

So it looks like the 2nd version of Porst is identical to the 1st version of Cosina and the Revuenon is identical to the 2nd version of Cosina. I would say these 2 groups are different generations of the same lens.
The 1st version of Porst is indeed quite different: it has different lens barrel and shorter MFD (0.5m vs. 0.6m in all other versions). But the mount is identical to the 2nd version and Cosina 1st version. If indeed there was a relationship between Cosina and Tomioka I would say this lens is a transition one from Tomioka version: some resemblance of the barrel and same MFD (0.5m).

Last edited by dimitrygo on Sun May 25, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beautiful post Dimitry, thank you. It would deserve separate thread. The serial numbers shown on Revuenon and COSINA 2nd version leaves little doubt of origin. Since i had Revuenon and PORST F1.2 lenses in the past i hold on to the idea of two separate manufacturers both working under the COSINA roof.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:
Mike Deep wrote:
I thought the Revuenon, Rikenon, Porst, Cosina/Cosinon, Chinon, Vivitar, Yashinon and Tomioka/Tominon were all the same lens with different mounts, coatings and decorations?

Nope. The M42 lenses are Tomioka made, though Cosina-Tomioka co-branded lens also exists so may be Cosina participated in the manufacturing process in some way or another from the very beginning.

The later PK mount lenses are most chances Cosina made. We don't know if they share the same optical scheme. Most chances they do but we don't know this for sure.

Interesting, I did not know this.
Have any optical schemes ever been dug up?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word on differentiation of the models. Recently i have adapted Revuenon PK to 5DmkII. Infinity was reached without mirror being hit.
If i remember correctly that isn't possible with the PORST/COSINA PK variant. But let me know if i am wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosina, Chinon and Tomioka were all located in the same place, they made glass and barrel parts for each other, therefore trying to work out who made what is close to impossible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a question regarding optical design difference particularly.

Does PK PORST/COSINA hit mirror at infinity on CANON 5DmkII? Revuenon does not.