Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reuters photos in Ukraine
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reuters photos in Ukraine Reply with quote

Just caught this gallery from various reuters photojournalists in Kiev. Some amazing images captured here.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-19/protesters-clash-with-riot-police-in-kiev/5268818

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah shocking pictures I have been watching Ukraine closely over last few months. About 40 people got killed over last two days. No fun at all

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are tragic and scary days in Ukraine, but also the days of unmatched heroism. People are fully aware that they might get shot, but they refuse to be intimidated by the criminal gang that calls itself government and keep coming to Maidan, keep fighting and helping the fighters in any way they can. The rats already started to abandon the government ship, so hopefully the end of blood is near. These days I am really proud to be Ukrainian although they are filled with anxiety for the friends and family back home.

By the way, the representation of the Ukrainian events in Western press is way too schematic (which of course is fully expected), it's an OK sketch of the events, but not a fully realistic picture of what is going on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:

...By the way, the representation of the Ukrainian events in Western press is way too schematic (which of course is fully expected), it's an OK sketch of the events, but not a fully realistic picture of what is going on.

Hmm, sounds familiar, When we went to Poland a couple of weeks ago, the people I spoke to had a very distorted view of the immigration debate. I felt intimidated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News from Ukrania keep being published every single day in the local newspapers. Makes me nervous, Why doesn't Putin makes Russia enter to the UE and terminate all this bullshit? US American govern envoying staff to participate to the international conference about the Ukrainian crisis only turns worst a situation that was bad already,

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because Putin is one son of the b...ch and he thinks that Russia is still an Empire and Ukraine is his. If he agrees to anything like giving Ukraine to western Europe in his mind he will be the one that lost like Gorbachev all those years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putin knows he will become a pariah if he interferes in a big, dramatic, way. There's plenty of evidence of his true colours showing ( the public horse whipping and beating of the Pussy Riot duo ) and he needs to be a 'world leader' - not the 'enemy'.

Stunning reportage, the pictures are 'up close and in the action', they convey the intensity of the action.

On a technical note, a lot are shot from a very low angle, a position I would not like to be shooting from using a camera with a viewfinder. I would not want to be on my knees concentrating on the tiny field of vision a traditional (D)SLR gives you in a riot situation. Perhaps the fold out live view screen has come of age?