Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reuters issues a worldwide ban on RAW images
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reuters issues a worldwide ban on RAW images Reply with quote

http://petapixel.com/2015/11/18/reuters-issues-a-worldwide-ban-on-raw-photos/

(c) Petapixel

Reuters issues a worldwide ban on RAW images and recommends to shoot RAW AND jpg if so needed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart guys ... , shoot always in jpeg and you will don't have any evidence picture was taken by you.. just send them to Reuters bravo..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera and smart phone manufacturer should have option to install secure certificate in the device instead of 'banning' like amateurs like this Smile

If the camera has a secure certificate, the photo taken by it can be used in court as proof for accidents. Today most people use their phone to snap shot the accident events but cannot use as proof. Signed photos or signed videos can also ease the claim process.

This will come soon and will be default in every device.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooting jpg needs more professionalism, not less.

A 12-year old can convert raw to jpg, edit white balance etc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jpeg straight from the camera embeds the camera serial number. Of course this can be edited lately, but a edition instance will be also added to the exif dataset.
The note from Reuters allows small PP edition of the JPEG as curves, probably WB, and I can argue in favor, cropping.

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
The jpeg straight from the camera embeds the camera serial number.

Doesn't raw include more information? like lens, used focal lenght etc? On af lenses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does, but as a unique person can have a given camera at time, the serial number of the camera can be a proof of authorship. I don't remember if exif data embeds also the serial number of a lens, but I suppose it doesn't,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does but don't know if it is editable