Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Resizing of images in Internet Explorer 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Resizing of images in Internet Explorer 6 Reply with quote

Here's some useful information I found on the MS website about resizing images in IE6 (and maybe IE7 too). I know Orio, for one, is sometimes concerned about images being resized - this is how to get over it.

By default, if you download a picture that is larger than your window size, IE6 will automatically shrink it to fit. The idea is to avoid you having to use the scroll bars to see the whole picture, which is fine for normal viewing but not if you want to examine the picture at 100%. This is the out-of-the-box setting, but there are two ways of preventing this happening, either for one particular picture or as a default setting for every picture, until you change it back again.

If you want to see one particular picture at 100% the easiest way is to click on an icon which pops up when you mouse over the picture. It looks like this:

If you can't see it, roll the cursor around over the picture until it appears. This will resize the picture to 100% and clicking on it again will shrink it back again.

You can also change the setting for viewing pictures so that all pictures will be displayed at 100% by default. Click on Tools > Internet Options and select the Advanced tab. Scroll about halfway down and you'll see the Multimedia section, and uncheck the "Enable Automatic Image Resizing" box. I found I needed to restart IE before it works, and I also flushed the temporary Internet files for good measure.

For anyone who wants to see it, this is the MS webpage

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Peter. I always warn people about resizing when showing images that are larger than average screens. I use Firefox and with it you click on the image to obtain the 100% size. Apparently Firefox does not let the user set this differently like IE does.