Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

repair service for a Zeiss S-Orthoplanar?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: repair service for a Zeiss S-Orthoplanar? Reply with quote

So "only" 8 years after I was recommended a Zeiss S-Orthoplanar 105mm f/5.6 here in this forum, I finally got one.

The glass is in excellent shape but there seems to be a missing link between the aperture ring and the aperture assembly. The small headless screwes that lock the outer ring (the one you grab) to an inner ring underneath are removed and the outer ring can be lifted freely. The ring underneath can be unscrewed and it exhibits an opening which I suspect to once have accommodated some sort of lever that reaches inside to the aperture assembly.

It is not a consumer Zeiss lens and I don't suspect any service to have replacement parts for it. Any idea which service technician might be up to the job of recreating the missing aperture linkage?

Best wishes,
Christian