Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Regatta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Regatta Reply with quote

I spent yesterday afternoon playing in the band at Marlow Regatta, held at the Dorney Rowing Lake and Eton College Rowing Centre, near Windsor. This is going to be the rowing centre at the London Olympic Games in 2012. As you can see, the sky was black at times, although we only had one heavy shower.

I had the Canon 400D with the Tamron SP 35-80 lens with me, but not many opportunities for taking pictures.

4 (forgot to stop down so flary wide open)

6 - our new band conductor

7 - this is a sundial sculpture

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
I like 7 to 9 most.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Nice!
I like 7 to 9 most.

Thanks Carsten. They're just snaps really, but I thought people might like to see the location. The poor weather and with so many people around, but mostly having to stay with the band all the time, meant I didn't have much chance to take photographs. The three you picked out were taken after we finished playing, when I was in a hurry to get home Smile. In two weeks time we will be playing at the big one, Henley Regatta, and I'll probably take the camera again, with more choice of lenses probably. Hope the sun shines thsi time!

One thing I'm really pleased about is that, after the focussing problems at Buxton, the camera is now focussing in line with the viewfinder again, possibly better than it was before!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

One thing I'm really pleased about is that, after the focussing problems at Buxton, the camera is now focussing in line with the viewfinder again, possibly better than it was before!

That's good to hear! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like n. 3, 5 7 and 9
Especially the breathtaking perspective on 3