Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Refurbished Tair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Refurbished Tair Reply with quote

I dusted off the old Tair with the intention of having a go with it this weekend. I have better lenses but I thought I would give it a good trial wide open. If it does a few reasonable pictures I will keep it for low light days. If not it is off to eBay. When I last tried it (Over a year ago) internal flair was a big problem in any situation with bright highlights or back/side lighting. Would be nice for portraits but not practicable . at 300mm!

Last edited by Rob Leslie on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camouflage looks interesting.
Is that a Linhoff ballhead?

Sorin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking like a cannon of a british tank. I wouldn't sell my tair although I used it only a few times. No probems with flares here, but focusing is too slow for moving objects - and for architecture the wrong focal length.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
That's looking like a cannon of a british tank. I wouldn't sell my tair although I used it only a few times. No probems with flares here, but focusing is too slow for moving objects - and for architecture the wrong focal length.

Michael

100% agreed!

Nice cloak, BTW.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a ?10 charity shop buy it was a good bargain and not worth selling.

No not a Linhoff ballhead. A Manfrotto 486RC2 ballhead.

Last edited by Rob Leslie on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:

No not a Linhoff ballhead. A Manfrotto 486RC2 ballhead.

Yes. Manfrotto is the only Italian brand that can say to be in the top league for photographic tools.