Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Refurbished Tair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Refurbished Tair Reply with quote

I dusted off the old Tair with the intention of having a go with it this weekend. I have better lenses but I thought I would give it a good trial wide open. If it does a few reasonable pictures I will keep it for low light days. If not it is off to eBay. When I last tried it (Over a year ago) internal flair was a big problem in any situation with bright highlights or back/side lighting. Would be nice for portraits but not practicable . at 300mm!

Last edited by Rob Leslie on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camouflage looks interesting.
Is that a Linhoff ballhead?

Sorin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's looking like a cannon of a british tank. I wouldn't sell my tair although I used it only a few times. No probems with flares here, but focusing is too slow for moving objects - and for architecture the wrong focal length.

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
That's looking like a cannon of a british tank. I wouldn't sell my tair although I used it only a few times. No probems with flares here, but focusing is too slow for moving objects - and for architecture the wrong focal length.

Michael

100% agreed!

Nice cloak, BTW.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a ?10 charity shop buy it was a good bargain and not worth selling.

No not a Linhoff ballhead. A Manfrotto 486RC2 ballhead.

Last edited by Rob Leslie on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:

No not a Linhoff ballhead. A Manfrotto 486RC2 ballhead.

Yes. Manfrotto is the only Italian brand that can say to be in the top league for photographic tools.