Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reduce film curliness after development
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reduce film curliness after development Reply with quote

Dear all,
one of the thinks that irritate me is after the development this curly film parts.
Typically I cut my films in pieces of 5 but unfortunately some of them are really curly. They fit hardly correctly on my film scanner case. The problem is that since I have to push them to fit better in the scanners case I tend to touch a lot which I do not want to do.

What would be your tip on how to make all these sets of 5 films more straight?

I would like to thank you for your reply
Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Use film that doesn't curl much. Films are different in this regard, some curl, some don't.
2. Put the film in the archive sheet and under some heavy books for a week or so before scanning.
3. Handle film with gloves, not bare hands. I use thin latex gloves when developing (but that's most to not get chemicals on my skin) and thin cotton gloves when handling developed dry film (cutting, archiving, scanning).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After cutting the film and putting it in the archive sheets I store it in a big Stamp Stock Book, just as you store the collection of stamps, and it gets flattened and is stored very well.
Something like this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-s-of-world-stamps-used-in-large-stock-book-7-/161718902650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a7329f7a