Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recommend this post
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Recommend this post Reply with quote

I did put below to every member picture "Recommend this post!" Please use it click on it if you think actual post is good enough to recommend to people. This function will help to increase forum popularity in Google. Thank you! If you have suggestion to better position and better title, please let me know. I put into only onto top of page not enough , most people will not recognize it well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice feature. The position of it is perfect, very eye-catching. Well done !

Just a thought: is it possible (in the future) to search for "recommanded posts" in the search window ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Is my browser broken or there is something wrong ? I can see the bold black text "Recommend this post!" but i cannot click on it, it is displayed just as plain text (FF 3.5.17 / IE7 on Vista) ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault I forgot to mention it works only if you are logged in into your Google account I have to remove 'Recommend..' text.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it either (not logged into a google account). Is this different than the rating system that we've had before? Question

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
I don't see it either (not logged into a google account). Is this different than the rating system that we've had before? Question

This is made by Google it help to search engine to make more accurate order as Google say. If you are not logged into a Google account you can't see anything must login into see +1 button.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it without log into Google. Left side, in box with author/avatar photo, under "Supporting Member" link is "+1" bumper button.

I don't know for certain, this new development helps place threads in Google searches, whereas the rating system is specific to forum, not Google.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it and I don't have a Google account.looks a bit ugly and out of place...but hey it is the first time I have seen it... Very Happy

Attila are some of the forum areas still closed to Google?...to keep our discussions private.I think the cafe was one area?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I see it and I don't have a Google account.looks a bit ugly and out of place...but hey it is the first time I have seen it... Very Happy

Attila are some of the forum areas still closed to Google?...to keep our discussions private.I think the cafe was one area?

Aha! This is why some people see it others do not -- it does not appear in 'hidden' forums not indexed by Google, such as the Cafe, ive Bar, etc..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a google account but I haven't logged into it in a long time, but I still see the "Recommend this Post" text.

I went ahead and clicked on it just to see what would happen. Nothing. It cycled for a few seconds and that was it. So anyway, I've just recommended your post, Attila Cool

As for positioning, to be honest, I don't pay a lot of attention to the text that's shown up on top. All my focus is directed toward a message that is posted. For this reason, I would suggest that if you can also place the text next to the "Rate" system you have, that would actually be more visible to folks like me. Besides, let's say you have a long thread and in this thread one member makes a really good point, whereas none of the others have much to say. Well, that is the post that should be recommended, not the entire thread. In fact, the way you have it set up, it isn't a post one is recommending, it is an entire thread. All the more reason to locate the text at each post next to the "rate" key.

Some forums I've visited have a little hand you can click on that shows "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" for rating individual posts, and the member then garners these numbers as part of his or her overall helpfulness in the forum. I guess this software doesn't have that capability though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox 3.6.4 pops open a window:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me it doesn't say recommend this post, but it rather shows google +1 icon for it. i'm using firefox 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about leaving a little blank space between the user presentation text and the icons?
Currently they are like glued to the text, and it doesn't look much good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What about leaving a little blank space between the user presentation text and the icons?
Currently they are like glued to the text, and it doesn't look much good.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

line break done.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha I clicked on the +1 and it shows the image Visual posted ...to rate the post you have to join Google.I won't join Google just to use a feature... Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google is quickly becoming second Apple. Try to get a free Android application from Android Market without Google AND Gmail account... Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay. I had to log in here using Firefox to see what you're talking about. I almost always use Seamonkey (the Original Netscape) and it doesn't pick up the Google "+1". But I see it now with Firefox.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRunner wrote:
Google is quickly becoming second Apple. Try to get a free Android application from Android Market without Google AND Gmail account... Confused

I don't know if that comparison is accurate. A Gmail account is free. Anything with an Apple logo on it costs 2x to 3x what it should just because it has that stupid logo on it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila, I am concerned about the Google rating system having access to Dive Bar -- those are hidden from public view but not Google?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
@Attila, I am concerned about the Google rating system having access to Dive Bar -- those are hidden from public view but not Google?

I think Dive bar is hidden from Google too , due password protected area.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila,

Having religiously marked +1 every time I log on, has it been effective?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
Attila,

Having religiously marked +1 every time I log on, has it been effective?

I don't see any success yet, we got 165 +1 in last month , not too much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 recommend!