Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recent Purchase for health purposes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Recent Purchase for health purposes Reply with quote

The package...

The nectar inside.Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeeet!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Sweeeet!!

Very Happy
and juicy as well!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Recent Purchase for health purposes Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
The package...

Egészségedre!!! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Interesting packing box. Laughing
I have never owned a Spotmatic camera and now seeing it in front of me I have to say it is a very beautiful camera
and lens. It seems the owner took good care of it.This is the SP version and I will need a battery to power the meter.
The lens came with the cover and a Asahi Pentax skylight filter. The lens does have a slight dent where the filter screws on, but not so bad. Philslizzy posted a method to fix such dents in the DIY section of the forum so I will fix it when I round up a proper piece of wood to use as the tool.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice camera! I've had my cameras delivered in ammo carton, milk carton and indeed a Bessa box.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get private parcels ot work, my colleague call it "cat-fodder" cause one time such a private parcel was in such a fodder box.
Most times I am very suprised to find lenses in the "cat fodder" parcels Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently received a twin to your Spotmatic body. No lens, just the body. The battery is an Energizer 387S, not real easy to find. I had to order it.

Enjoy,

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Recent Purchase for health purposes Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
The package...

I thought for a minute Lloydy had found a new way to sneak gear into the house without being "bloody killed" Laughing

Nice camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Recent Purchase for health purposes Reply with quote

skida wrote:
I thought for a minute Lloydy had found a new way to sneak gear into the house without being "bloody killed" Laughing

I received a nice Pentax KX last week. I asked the seller to disguise the packaging so it wasn't obvious, and he used a flippin' huge
Praktica camera case!!! Did I have explaining to do. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Recent Purchase for health purposes Reply with quote

skida wrote:

Nice camera.

I've been oficially dead for some time now. Laughing A samyang 500 mirror lens is a bit obvious in the pocket of my shorts. It's murder in this hot weather, wearing my oversize winter coat with cavernous pockets makes her suspicious. Rolling Eyes

Spotties are lovely camera's, my brother gave me his last year. It's a joy to use. I'm impressed with the smuggling technique as well, but she knows I don't do food shopping unless I'm under supervision.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to You uddhava, very nice juice!
Reading Your posts "how to hide" I have to lought loud!
Same at me, I think about collecting Minox.,.
Last saturday a big parcel did arrive with two older Hassi lenses: C-Distagon 40 and Tele Tessar 500, the two biggest in length and diameter.
Thanks god, she was not at home at this moment! Wink
Think, we should start a threat series here, how to avoid home hassle.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Recent Purchase for health purposes Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
A samyang 500 mirror lens is a bit obvious in the pocket of my shorts.

Mrs. Lloydy might have said: "Are you happy to see me or is it yet another mirror lens in your pocket?"

Truth to be told I was sending lens once in milk cartoon too (and in bouble wrap as well) as I was completely out of suitable boxes and buyer wanted this lens asap Wink.

Cheers
Mateusz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PWhite214 wrote:
I recently received a twin to your Spotmatic body. No lens, just the body. The battery is an Energizer 387S, not real easy to find. I had to order it.

Enjoy,

Phil

Thanks for the information.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
PWhite214 wrote:

Enjoy,

Phil

I was wondering if there is any adaption that is needed to fit this battery into the battery compartment?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
uddhava wrote:
PWhite214 wrote:

Enjoy,

Phil

I was wondering if there is any adaption that is needed to fit this battery into the battery compartment?

Thank you!

Thie 387S battery fits perfectly in the camera. Make sure you put it in the right way, it's pretty obvious, but the +side goes into the
camera, the - side goes against the cap. You can also use a 394 or a 380 battery which are similar (and cheaper).

However the 1.55 voltage of the silver oxide battery is slightly high than the original mercury battery, which will make a deflection of
the meter needle, up to 1 stop under-exposure. Jes and I have adapted several Spotties for the higher voltage, either using a diode
in the batter lead, which is very simple, or by adding resistors in the meter circuit, which in theory is much more accurate. However,
the shutter speeds in old cameras with cloth roller shutters are often slower than the original factory setting, which sometimes offsets
this extra voltage. Once you install a new battery I suggest you compare the exposure measurements with another camera, or better
still try a roll of film, before making any adaptations.

Here is a link to a UK company that sells these batteries, and there's a pic of it there. You can probably find them cheaper if you
search. The battery will last a few years with normal use so only buy one or two.

I can't find the thread Jes and I made about it. I'll keep looking.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it! Wow, it was 6 years ago Shocked
http://forum.mflenses.com/international-teamwork-fixing-spotmatics-t7047.html

I've since closed my old web storage and all my picture links are broken. I'll correct this as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Thie 387S battery fits perfectly in the camera. Make sure you put it in the right way, it's pretty obvious, but the +side goes into the
camera, the - side goes against the cap. You can also use a 394 or a 380 battery which are similar (and cheaper).

Thank you.
Is this a good one?http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Energizer-394-380-SR936W-SR936SW-Multi-Drain-Blister-Batterie-V394-V380-/171382840945?pt=Batterien_Akkus&hash=item27e7369e71

Interesting work you did!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the original mercury battery for the Spotmatic, no longer available. Note the blue plastic collar, which is slightly cone-shaped.

This is the modern 387S which has a similar collar, translucent colour:

The battery you found doesn't appear to have a collar, which is puzzling me - I have several new 394 batteries here which do. The collar
is vital to prevent shorting out the battery. I also can't say for certain whether that battery will actually fit in the camera. The 387S is
the right size for the recess, and it's thinner than many others. You could take a gamble on the 394 you found, it's quite cheap, but you
can be sure if you buy a 387S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

The battery you found doesn't appear to have a collar, which is puzzling me - I have several new 394 batteries here which do. The collar is vital to prevent shorting out the battery. I also can't say for certain whether that battery will actually fit in the camera. The 387S is the right size for the recess, and it's thinner than many others. You could take a gamble on the 394 you found, it's quite cheap, but you can be sure if you buy a 387S.

Okay, thank you for the examples. I will play it safe and buy the 387S.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I've since closed my old web storage and all my picture links are broken. I'll correct this as soon as I can.

The pictures are back up! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
uddhava wrote:
PWhite214 wrote:

Enjoy,

Phil

Thank you!

The Battery comes with a spacer ring. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energizer-387S-Watch-Battery-390-384-Spacer-Ring-/221498248966?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3392530f06

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Recent Purchase for health purposes Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
skida wrote:

Nice camera.

I've been oficially dead for some time now. Laughing A samyang 500 mirror lens is a bit obvious in the pocket of my shorts. It's murder in this hot weather, wearing my oversize winter coat with cavernous pockets makes her suspicious. Rolling Eyes

Spotties are lovely camera's, my brother gave me his last year. It's a joy to use. I'm impressed with the smuggling technique as well, but she knows I don't do food shopping unless I'm under supervision.

We have a small cupboard by the front door and the postman puts things in there now, he doesnt knock. I check it when I get home, if the missis is in bed I bring it in otherwise it stays till morning. I use a camera case regularly as a 'manbag' and things are easily smuggled in in it.