Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Received my Olympus 35RC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personally speaking, on a rangefinder I would only use negative film, especially B&W, for which a variation of half stop or even one stop is no big thing.
I would surely load no expensive Velvia on a rangefinder, with all due respect. Or if I do, I would have my hand meter with me.

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided not to shoot slide film again.
Not because I do not like it (I like it a lot), but because I cannot scan slides myself and when I hand in a slide film at our local lab, it takes them more than a week to develop and scan and I will have to pay three times as much as with negative film.

Negative film (36 pics) - takes about 2-3 days - €6,- incl. scan on CD
B&W film (36 pics) - takes about 7-8 days - €9,- incl. scan on CD
Slide film (36 pics) - takes about 10 days - €18,- incl. framing and scan on CD (they need to frame it in order to scan it!)

In most cases the difference in quality is not worth the difference in price and patience.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Alkaline Voltage Droop can create overexposures of 2-3 stops before the battery finally gives up and thinks it's dead. If you're paying close attention, you can check your meter periodically and change batteries when it drifts off too far.... but if you're not, it can get bad enough to ruin black & white exposures.

Mileage with Zinc/Air cells can vary quite a bit, bartly based on climate and partly just cell-to-cell variation: Typically I get about 6-8 months on a cell, occasionally only maybe 3. The longest one has lasted has been over 2 years, I have no explanation for why that one didn't die but I had written the date on it when I loaded it so I know it was real.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, some shots with the Oly 35RC:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=3630