Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rear mounted x3 tele convertors. Are they worth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Rear mounted x3 tele convertors. Are they worth? Reply with quote

Rear mounted x3 tele convertors. Are they real up for something. Or complete loss of time.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x teleconverters all are unusable, you will use 3 f stop with this converter.Don't wast your time with teleconverters, manual lenses are cheap even if focal length is long. Buy instead a long focal length lens.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tought so too. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am even disappointed by my 2x teleconverters!
You have to look for quite a while to find a good one.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite good tele-converters 2x 7 elements converter from Vivitar and Tamron. I used them only ones, lenses with TC more sensitive than double focal length lenses without TC for handshake vibrating. I never tried 1.4x converter perhaps that one is ok.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used a 2X on at tair to give up to 800mm on a tripod for some interesting long range night shots and the results are OK at best but not really usable hand held. With it I could see some things not visible with the naked eye.