Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Raymax 6mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Raymax 6mm f1.4 Reply with quote

No clear pic of the rear mount, so I don't know if it's usable on m4/3. New in box, so I thought it was worth the risk. Won't be very good coverage on a G1 but should be usable on a GH2. Model number is RH0614 it has bottom focusing and f1.4 and C are marked but you have to guess the other fstops. Laughing Up to about f4 you have a hex shaped appeture, beyond that it becomes a triangle.

Click here to see on Ebay

Last edited by walter g on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it today.You tell me if you think it's usable.It will work on a C M4/3 adapter with no machining, and you do get infinity. As a matter of fact you need a set of rings to use this lens. The middle ring gives you infinity. Shot is from 20' away from the porch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was only intended to cover a 1/2" sensor, I have tried quite a lot of 1/2" C mount lenses, mostly zooms and that is what you get - a small circle.

The best C-mount wide primes to get are the Fujinon-TV ones, they are designed for 1" circle and do cover M4/3, the 9mm and 12mm vignette slightly but the longer ones don't. I just bought a Fujinon-TV 1.8/75, it's a Biotar design.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but even tho its only 1/2" the coverage after a proper crop will be around 24mm on M4/3. Sharpness across the frame is pretty decent. Also no machining is needed. Smile

It does give a fish eye effect, tho. Both at f1.4 just as dark was setting in.

Last edited by walter g on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on the fstop on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly my Camelia got blasted by the cold weather. Sad
Shot a f1.4

Playing around with conversion formats. Sepia and B/W. Comments of any kind welcome.

Sepia

B/W

Camelia Square Crop