Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RAW convertor comparison site
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: RAW convertor comparison site Reply with quote

Worth a look....

http://photomann.multiply.com/journal/item/59

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for link! Very interesting.

A friend of mine and me tried something similar, but we ended up not publishing it, since the settings and parameters have great influence on the developing process in each converter.

I think it is the best way to try for yourself and then decide which performance and workflow you like best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the settings and parameters have great influence on the developing process in each converter.

I found that too when comparing DPP with RSE - for some images DPP was the one, while for some others it was RSE.

Since then, I got C1LE bundled with a Sandisk memory card so I've got yet another converter to try out....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Lightroom's (which I own as former Rawshooter owner) performance to be below average, and I am surprised of how many people rate it the best in their judgements.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Orio: Did you find Rawshooter to be below par?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
@ Orio: Did you find Rawshooter to be below par?

No. I find Rawshooter the best of what I have tried. Of course I can relate this only to the cameras I own. However, Canon's own conversion generally still gives the best results in my opinion. Rawshooter is useful for when you need to convert images with a high dynamic range.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to workflow I prefer ACR to Canon's solution or Rawshooter. But you can get good results with each of these progs. I also like C1 (pretty similar to Rawshooter).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have C1LE but haven't really used it as yet