Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RAW convertor comparison site
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: RAW convertor comparison site Reply with quote

Worth a look....

http://photomann.multiply.com/journal/item/59

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for link! Very interesting.

A friend of mine and me tried something similar, but we ended up not publishing it, since the settings and parameters have great influence on the developing process in each converter.

I think it is the best way to try for yourself and then decide which performance and workflow you like best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the settings and parameters have great influence on the developing process in each converter.

I found that too when comparing DPP with RSE - for some images DPP was the one, while for some others it was RSE.

Since then, I got C1LE bundled with a Sandisk memory card so I've got yet another converter to try out....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Lightroom's (which I own as former Rawshooter owner) performance to be below average, and I am surprised of how many people rate it the best in their judgements.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Orio: Did you find Rawshooter to be below par?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
@ Orio: Did you find Rawshooter to be below par?

No. I find Rawshooter the best of what I have tried. Of course I can relate this only to the cameras I own. However, Canon's own conversion generally still gives the best results in my opinion. Rawshooter is useful for when you need to convert images with a high dynamic range.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to workflow I prefer ACR to Canon's solution or Rawshooter. But you can get good results with each of these progs. I also like C1 (pretty similar to Rawshooter).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have C1LE but haven't really used it as yet