Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rare lenses : Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 75mm f/1.5 Exakta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Rare lenses : Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar T 75mm f/1.5 Exakta Reply with quote

Last edited by Attila on Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really an expensive lens!

According to Kadlubek's lens catalogue worth about € 400-500,- (depending on model) in mint condition.

These lenses go for more than € 250,- on eBay, I've seen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is that mount, Contax rangefinder? Contarex?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is Exakta.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the typical exacta mount protruding element here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know two kind of Exakta mount this is the older one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not a prewar but pre-1953 version

there is no such thing as a prewar versiob of this lens, just "war" lenses (~1000 made 1939-1945) looking like this one:

kind regards Frank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Frank!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War or not war, it just looks gorgeous!

I wonder if there is a way to mount an Exacta-mount lens on a digital reflex.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a look on this thread http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=14&highlight=exakta

My very own Nikon->Exakta adapter Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
take a look on this thread http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=14&highlight=exakta
My very own Nikon->Exakta adapter Smile

I'm not sure what kind of "lens bondage" did you make there Wink
You took a nikon mount out of some broken lens and taped to the exacta mount of the lens you wanted to use?
And does this resist to the force necessary to lock the bayonet into the camera?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be possible to take an Exacta Biotar to a laboratory and have the mount removed and a M42 or Nikon or Contax mount (whatever fits better) installed?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why not make an adapter by your self ? To mount Nikon lenses you need a cheap blaster camera body or teleconverter to take out Nikon mount and one M42 adapter and one M42 extension ring + some strong liquid glue. It will be not allowed to infinty because can't really make for precise, but for portraits, close-up etc. will be ok.

I did this for mount Exakta on my Nikon. Answer to your question, yes it possible I saw on ebay with Nikon mount.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with Exakta mount are most common, lots of 1.5/75 Biotars in M42 are still out there

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
Even with Exakta mount are most common, lots of 1.5/75 Biotars in M42 are still out there

Yes but they go for 400-500 !!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Frank I forgot to say to Orio. When you will come here in August Orio, you able to shoot with both M42 and Exakta, you can test before buy. M42 is more practical and they have no difference, but I like this Exakta mount lens better. Why ? More good looking Smile