Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Random thoughts with the Minolta MD 35-70mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Random thoughts with the Minolta MD 35-70mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Third and last version of this remarkable little zoom, the ("non-Rokkor") MD with macro focusing. All photos with Sony A7 or A7S, more about it here: https://fourbillionyears.org/minolta-md-35-70mm-f-3-5-an-outstanding-lens/. Each time that I take this lens for a stroll I end up shaking my head. What a lovely lens! It pre-dates the 35-70 Vario Elmar f/4 and the 35-70 Vario Sonnar f/3.4 by quite a few years, yet it has nothing to be ashamed of next to those two. I own all three, and will never part with any of them. I also don't see why I would ever need any other 35-70 zoom - after all the Vario-Elmar f/3.5 is this same lens, only a lot more expensive Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures, how do you process your images?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miau, the last picture is wonderful Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Dog Thank you!

Tomas - I do all of my processing in Capture One. I switched to it a little over a year ago and never looked back. I find that Capture One extracts a level of detail from raw files that Lightroom does not "see", and it also has a degree of flexibility and control beyond anything else that I have tried. And it is also quite intuitive to use, once you get familiar with it, which really does not take long. I have only used it with Sony, Olympus and Panasonic raw formats, so I don't know how it works with other file formats, but I would be surprised if it did any worse. I'd be happy to discuss this in some more detail and/or give you some specific "pointers" if you are interested.
Cheers!
Alberto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this is an extraordinary lens but more important is that it is in the hands of a skilful photographer. The lens, Capture 1 and yourself form an interesting combination.