Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Random thoughts with the Minolta MD 35-70mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject: Random thoughts with the Minolta MD 35-70mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Third and last version of this remarkable little zoom, the ("non-Rokkor") MD with macro focusing. All photos with Sony A7 or A7S, more about it here: https://fourbillionyears.org/minolta-md-35-70mm-f-3-5-an-outstanding-lens/. Each time that I take this lens for a stroll I end up shaking my head. What a lovely lens! It pre-dates the 35-70 Vario Elmar f/4 and the 35-70 Vario Sonnar f/3.4 by quite a few years, yet it has nothing to be ashamed of next to those two. I own all three, and will never part with any of them. I also don't see why I would ever need any other 35-70 zoom - after all the Vario-Elmar f/3.5 is this same lens, only a lot more expensive Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures, how do you process your images?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miau, the last picture is wonderful Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Dog Thank you!

Tomas - I do all of my processing in Capture One. I switched to it a little over a year ago and never looked back. I find that Capture One extracts a level of detail from raw files that Lightroom does not "see", and it also has a degree of flexibility and control beyond anything else that I have tried. And it is also quite intuitive to use, once you get familiar with it, which really does not take long. I have only used it with Sony, Olympus and Panasonic raw formats, so I don't know how it works with other file formats, but I would be surprised if it did any worse. I'd be happy to discuss this in some more detail and/or give you some specific "pointers" if you are interested.
Cheers!
Alberto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree this is an extraordinary lens but more important is that it is in the hands of a skilful photographer. The lens, Capture 1 and yourself form an interesting combination.