Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rain Forest Essence - A Big Challenge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
@ Larry:

It was when you mentioned you had fifteen images that were all soft that made me think something was wrong.

Also, this information doesn't appear to be covered in the camera manual so it wouldn't have mattered had you read it cover to cover; you'd never have seen it. Laughing

After your post, I quickly did a search in photo.net, and you are correct; this fact is "hidden"... Shocked

Just another example of the efficacy of this fine forum (and its fine members).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Capturing the essence.. Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Hmm

If you were to have captured the essence of the rain forest today (Sunday) it would have involved a picture of me flat out on my back - accompanied by a Contax 137MA / f1.4 Planar and a K10D with Super Tak 50mm having been floored by my own dog bolting after some forest creature.. The area allows dogs on a leash which mine was until he wrenched it from my grasp, did a 180 and then took my legs from beneath me..

For me today the essence was a lot of mud, a sore ass and a very very embarrassed photographer... Sad

So.. loads more kit and still no pics.. though the battery adapter has arrived for the Contaflex 126 and I seem to have acquired an immaculate as new Contaflex Super-B and the add on bulk film adapter that will get some use when I can walk without wincing again...

An add-on bulk film adapter! How neat is THAT? Shocked Do you have any images of it? How much film does it hold?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Capturing the essence.. Reply with quote

I fear that in my excitement and embarrassment i might have chosen my words less carefully than I ought. The item is question is an interchangeable film back and this is its ebay ID:

Laurence wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:
Hmm

If you were to have captured the essence of the rain forest today (Sunday) it would have involved a picture of me flat out on my back - accompanied by a Contax 137MA / f1.4 Planar and a K10D with Super Tak 50mm having been floored by my own dog bolting after some forest creature.. The area allows dogs on a leash which mine was until he wrenched it from my grasp, did a 180 and then took my legs from beneath me..

For me today the essence was a lot of mud, a sore ass and a very very embarrassed photographer... Sad

So.. loads more kit and still no pics.. though the battery adapter has arrived for the Contaflex 126 and I seem to have acquired an immaculate as new Contaflex Super-B and the add on bulk film adapter that will get some use when I can walk without wincing again...

An add-on bulk film adapter! How neat is THAT? Shocked Do you have any images of it? How much film does it hold?
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even MORE cool, an interchangeable film back...WOW! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Coo.... you don't know the half of it! Reply with quote

Was perusing my local Goodwill store and what do I find???

Yep... a set of pro-tessars for the Contaflex Super-B and ANOTHER film back! Is it some alternate universe where Zeiss bits like Planar 1.4's and Contaflex bits are dropping through some wormhole into my lap?

I don't know, don't care and I'm NOT going to rock the boat!!!

Doug.

Laurence wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Coo.... you don't know the half of it! Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:

Yep... a set of pro-tessars for the Contaflex Super-B and ANOTHER film back! Is it some alternate universe where Zeiss bits like Planar 1.4's and Contaflex bits are dropping through some wormhole into my lap?

Doug.

Laurence wrote:

I need to go find the Goodwill store around here....WOW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Coo.... you don't know the half of it! Reply with quote

Yes you do! I am currently playing with the camera from a video conferencing system, which pans, zooms, and has terrific resolution.. it's a Sony DVI-31 and amazing.. with the control software free from the web I can survey everything outside, it has motion detection, and presets for views of various locations, and can stream on the web.. It cost... 19.99 yes that is NINETEEN ha ha ha.. they retail for many hundreds so....

What's it to do with Manual Lenses? Well, now I can see who is at the door and rush to get my latest e-bay finds from the UPS guy, and keep an eye on the doggies without wrenching the sprained ankle that they gifted me so I can spend more time gloating over my hoard!!!! Smile

PS I also saw a complete Canon F1 outfit with some older 'L' glass but did not have my credit card on me as I just got the new one, and had forgotten to bring it, and the old one was cut in two.. dashed home got involved in dogs' squabbling and by the time I returned... bummer.. oh well...

You could also try www.shopgoodwill.com.. a lot of dross but the odd gem now and then, like a 1.7 Planar a few weeks back for... 55 bucks!!!

Doug.

Laurence wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:

Doug.

Laurence wrote:

I need to go find the Goodwill store around here....WOW