Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questions about Olympus PEN E-PL2.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Questions about Olympus PEN E-PL2. Reply with quote

I am looking for a camera that shoots video-my Nikon D300 does not. At first I wanted a Nikon DSLR, but I decided a micro 4/3 is better for me. The reason is the register or flange distance is so short there is plenty of adapters, even tilt adapters to use many different MF lenses. Does the E-PL2 meter with MF lenses and adapters? Can you manually control the exposure of videos with it? Are there any shortcomings with this model that higher end 4/3 bodies have?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panasonic Gh1 / Gh2 would be a better choice. With the Hack project they are very hard to beat. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Walter but the camera will have to wait. On Ebay I found a Carl Zeiss 50mm f/4 multicoated in P6 mount. It's in pristine condition(so the seller says). That's where this month's extra money went.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do video, but Panasonic cameras are reported to be better suited for video.

For stills, the E-PL2 can do center-weighted metering with manual lenses.