Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questioning the Russian lenses serial numbers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Questioning the Russian lenses serial numbers Reply with quote

Well, so far I believed totally in the information that the first two digits in the serial numbers of Russian lenses represent the year.

But, how to explain that my Tair-11A has a serial number that begins with 00.... and has written in big letters "MADE IN USSR" ?

Unless there was some serious USSR nostalgic in the factory, I doubt that that lens was really made in year 2000.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy LOL
Orio... that's a good one! I really don't know the answer for your dilema, but the fact is so funny I couldn't fast... lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Questioning the Russian lenses serial numbers Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
But, how to explain that my Tair-11A has a serial number that begins with 00.... and has written in big letters "MADE IN USSR" ?

Unless there was some serious USSR nostalgic in the factory, I doubt that that lens was really made in year 2000.

May be Y2K bug attacked a decade earlier..