Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about the ISCO-GÖTTINGEN EDIXA ISCO-MAT 50MM F1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Question about the ISCO-GÖTTINGEN EDIXA ISCO-MAT 50MM F1.9 Reply with quote

Hi,
The lens with name ISCO-GÖTTINGEN EDIXA ISCO-MAT 50MM F1.9 is the same as the Edixa Westromat Isco Göttingen 50mm f1.9?
I could not find any info about the former
Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about the ISCO-GÖTTINGEN EDIXA ISCO-MAT 50MM F Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,
The lens with name ISCO-GÖTTINGEN EDIXA ISCO-MAT 50MM F1.9 is the same as the Edixa Westromat Isco Göttingen 50mm f1.9?
I could not find any info about the former
Thank you.

From the little research that I have seen these appear to be the same design - 6 elements in 4 groups with minimum focusing distance of 50cm
The Westrogon and Westrocolor are also similar I think.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Isco naming is very confusing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westromat naming might be distinctive to plastic version.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, i found metal too. Another possibility: there might be variant with front system focusing and one where whole system moves. And not to forget Westagon naming.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers.
I contacted Toby Marshall (http://toby-marshall.com/) who talks about this lens on his website. He kindly answered providing a link to his post on this forum with a picture of the lens: http://forum.mflenses.com/isco-gottingen-isco-mat-lm-50-19-exa-t74857.html