Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about Enna Munchen Tele-Ennalyt 90mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Question about Enna Munchen Tele-Ennalyt 90mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I bought the same lens as the one in the picture, together with the 'sockel', but the aperture doesn't work:

But before I do an attempt to fix the problem I would like to know where exactly the problem is located.

So this is my question:
On the lens itself there is a "lever" sticking out (at the side, near the bottom). If you move it the aperture opens and closes.
What I would like to know is if the closing normally goes automatically. Or in other words: is there a spring inside the lens that closes the aperture, or not?

I am asking this because mine does not close by itself. So according to me there are two possibilities:
There could be a spring in the lens itself that is broken or missing
Or: this spring could be missing or be broken in the 'sockel'.

Once I have the answer to this question I can start operating.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I haven't disassembled this lens.

Spring is needed only for automatic aperture control. Whether there was one inside or not is irrelevant for adapted use.
Sometimes when declicking a lens spring must be removed altogether, when it is strong enough to drag declicked aperture ring.

This to me sounds like a plain old incorrect reassembly. Which is somewhat common.
Some lenses are simply harder than others to put back together correctly.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply "aidaho" but sadly enough it doesn't answer my question.

(And BTW, a 'declicked aperture' isn't that, in nearly all cases, a euphemism for:
"I was so clumsy to let the tiny aperture-ball jump away when I tried to fix this lens and I can't find it back" Smile ? )

Some more information about this lens (I copy-pasted this from a thread that was started by MFlenses-member "Spotmatic"):
"This is a lens from the Enna SB Sockel System. The idea was to have one sockel base with focusing helicoid for several lenses, and this way one could have a bayonet mount on cameras that did not have one. Mounts were available for Exakta and M42, to name a few".

There are two different types of this "Sockel"-system. And these are not compatible. Mine is the 'Sockel 2'

A picture of the lens with the 'sockel' attached: