Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about Enna Munchen Tele-Ennalyt 90mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Question about Enna Munchen Tele-Ennalyt 90mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I bought the same lens as the one in the picture, together with the 'sockel', but the aperture doesn't work:

But before I do an attempt to fix the problem I would like to know where exactly the problem is located.

So this is my question:
On the lens itself there is a "lever" sticking out (at the side, near the bottom). If you move it the aperture opens and closes.
What I would like to know is if the closing normally goes automatically. Or in other words: is there a spring inside the lens that closes the aperture, or not?

I am asking this because mine does not close by itself. So according to me there are two possibilities:
There could be a spring in the lens itself that is broken or missing
Or: this spring could be missing or be broken in the 'sockel'.

Once I have the answer to this question I can start operating.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I haven't disassembled this lens.

Spring is needed only for automatic aperture control. Whether there was one inside or not is irrelevant for adapted use.
Sometimes when declicking a lens spring must be removed altogether, when it is strong enough to drag declicked aperture ring.

This to me sounds like a plain old incorrect reassembly. Which is somewhat common.
Some lenses are simply harder than others to put back together correctly.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply "aidaho" but sadly enough it doesn't answer my question.

(And BTW, a 'declicked aperture' isn't that, in nearly all cases, a euphemism for:
"I was so clumsy to let the tiny aperture-ball jump away when I tried to fix this lens and I can't find it back" Smile ? )

Some more information about this lens (I copy-pasted this from a thread that was started by MFlenses-member "Spotmatic"):
"This is a lens from the Enna SB Sockel System. The idea was to have one sockel base with focusing helicoid for several lenses, and this way one could have a bayonet mount on cameras that did not have one. Mounts were available for Exakta and M42, to name a few".

There are two different types of this "Sockel"-system. And these are not compatible. Mine is the 'Sockel 2'

A picture of the lens with the 'sockel' attached: