Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about a 16mm proejector lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Question about a 16mm proejector lens. Reply with quote

How would you mount it? Can one use a "C" mount adapter or you have to build a custom one? I guess these lenses don't come with aperture control?

Apologies if these questions have been asked before.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No aperture and no focus either, focusing by feet, aperture is available with some adapter like SONY NEX EOS with built in apertures.
Mount is custom , temporarily with tape and if worth to mount professionally I pay cost for expert technician.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
No aperture and no focus either, focusing by feet, aperture is available with some adapter like SONY NEX EOS with built in apertures.
Mount is custom , temporarily with tape and if worth to mount professionally I pay cost for expert technician.

Thanks Attila! I've seen some helicoid adapters but not sure whether they'll be useful, they're are in M42 mount. So I guess first you need to mount/convert the lens somehow on M42.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16KP-1.2/50(50/1.2 lens for 16mm projector) converted to Sony NEX:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about a 16mm proejector lens. Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
How would you mount it? ...

I use a Som Berthiot projection lens in a macro teleconverter (Vivitar, Soligor) after disassembling the lenses of the teleconverter.
It has a bigger free diamter than the Helios 44.

As far as I know this is a 16mm projection lens - but it´s image circle is big enough for 24x36mm EOS 5D (with not very sharp borders).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pieces of glass ! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 and 35 or even 70mm projection lenses are very interesting lenses!
There is so much to test, but sometimes optical quality for picture taking is not as good as I normally demand.