Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Quasi-pinhole photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Quasi-pinhole photography Reply with quote

I took this image with the 5D and a broken MIR-47N (20mm wide angle lens) whose aperture is stuck at f/22:

http://www.orio.ws/temp/mir47n@f22.jpg

As you can see, the combination of the narrowest aperture and super wide angle focal made of this picture a quasi-pinhole photograph, Laughing !

The focal plane is virtually infinite, from closeup foreground to horizon.
Of course the image quality suffered a bit from the extreme aperture setting.
I post this on a camera forum because given the circumstances it seems more appropriate, Laughing !

Note that I took the shot at ISO 3200 !!
Yet the 5D holds the grain pretty well. I did not de-noise!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny! Looking good!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, of course a TRUE pinhole photography would not display any of the geometrical distortions that are almost unavoidable on a 20mm lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Well, of course a TRUE pinhole photography would not display any of the geometrical distortions that are almost unavoidable on a 20mm lens.

But it would not be as sharp as your picture (pinholes are "sharp" everywhere, but not really sharp the way we are used from our lenses) and it would show heavy vignetting in the corners. Wink