Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Protest about Picture Widths
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry , Poilu , but the "possibility" to post over 900 pix width pics in a "special" "jailllery" (hihi) is a restriction . I'm certainly a bad "over900" and therefore rejected in a kind of dead-end track if one day I forget to pay attention to the width of my pics ... It was so easy to fix this limit to the large size of flickr (1024) !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios, it was not a decision of some "VIP" memebers as you assume, but a discussion with a poll in which all active members have agreed on the 900px limit.

The difference between the MFLenses Forum and Flickr is a big one, here we are a discussion board and there it is a gallery!

So why should a board offer the same unlimited possibilities of a picture oriented online gallery such as Flickr?

We (or rather Attila) also offers a gallery in which you are not only allowed but also asked to upload images as big as possible.

I don't think it is a problem to show "smaller" images here and link them to bigger ones somewhere else, e.g. at Flickr.
And it surely does not mean a step back into the IT Middle Ages.

I usually use my 15.4" screen Toshiba laptop to work with and to come here. It is just much more conveniant than my PC with the huge display attached. So, the horizontal scrolling also is annoying for me. And I might not be the only one using a laptop, right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ,Carsten , that's right . But when you answer and contribute with a picture which is linked from flickr accordind to their standards (500,1024) , you have only one choice : 500 which is a bit small and often not very able to show or demonstrate something .
The risk is to create an other forum in this forum. At this time , I don't really know what to do , because my portraits pics are almost under 900 , and landscapes over . Portraits pics in the "normal" part of the forum (under 900) , landscape and miscellany in the "special" part. Or the whole stuff in the "special" , which is theorically forbidden otherwise this system is not very coherent ....sigh... Mr. Green Very Happy