Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[Project] AFC chipped Rollei QBM --> EOS adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: [Project] AFC chipped Rollei QBM --> EOS adapter Reply with quote

I've nice adapter that I've bought from ebay (big-is) but it has a problem: the lens locking mechanism is designed as cost-effective and increases the total length of the lens and there is no space left for AFC chip. I've 19 AFC chip stock so won't stop until I mount all of them to all of my lenses Smile

Studying the problem:
Idea: Remove the locking pin metal part from the adapter.
Good news: Now, we can add the chip Smile
Bad news: Now, slight movement of the lens (focusing Tamron 52A) makes the lens move inside the adapter

Quote:
Idea - 1: Use your current adapter
1) Remove the original locking pin
2) Manualy push the aperture pin inside the lens (I'll use just on EOS so no problem for me), you can use tape or something else for this purpose.
3) Drill a hole (follow the black marked line) and push something (a smal screw for example that doesn't come out) in this hole to prevent lens movement. I guess you get the idea Smile
4) Use epoxy and mount the AFC hip on the side of the adapter where it should be Wink

Quote:
Idea -2: Re-create a new design preventing the problem
1) New adapter should not use this locking mechanism, instead use a lock mechanism following the black line, something like a push-turn=lock, pull-turn=release lever.
2) For pushing the aperture pin inside use a mechanism like the present adapter but make it really thin, not a hard task, and make enough surface to mount AFC chip.
3) Mount the chip on this surface.

Current status with the adapter:
Crop of: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yalcinaydin/2892203189/

set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/yalcinaydin/sets/72157607541435191/

We'll first apply the first method to guide the current owners of this adapter then make our own adapter as I've 7 Rollei-QBM mount lenses at the moment, an easy-to-use adapter is my priority. If everything goes by the plan and the result is success I'll send you one (F16SUNSHINE is the first one if he wants one) trading with one of your not-using lens Wink

Mechanical Engineer (my best-man, Ph.D student) and CNC(s) is ready so the project works will begin this week and I want to finish in 2 weeks. I'll keep you informed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, just want to know that how is the adapter now?
any good news?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yalcin
I missed this thread when originally posted.
Thanks for your offer Very Happy

How is the progress?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to my friend and his doctorate thesis no progress at all Sad
Then we started to work with Alex, ideas were ok but again no progress in manufacturing side.
Right now I have adapters to all my lenses and will make them EOS mount by adding the chips directly to back of the lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello !
Any progress about the chipped Rollei adapter?
Or a tip for a good adapter that could give infinity focus (or at least very near?)
Regards,
Teo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested too, but at this point I have a lens on the way and need just a decent basic non-chipped QBM to EOS adapter.

Anyone have any recommendations, sellers?