Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch|Quick search    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Rss feed   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Production resumed Helios 40-2, Zenitar, TeleZenitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index -> Manual Focus Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fermy

Level 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it, this is not speculating on bread for the starving. Most people on this board have about 10x the number of lenses anyone can possibly need. There are thousands of quality lenses that can be had for very reasonable prices. To me the quoted $600 for the Helios is laughable, for 200 Euros, yeah, I am interested. However, if there are people that are ready to buy at $600, then the asking price is correct.

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/96060788@N06/
Lightshow

Level 3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell I'm going to pay 100% markup. I can wait.
Excalibur

Level 4

Expire: 2014-04-21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Let's face it, this is not speculating on bread for the starving. Most people on this board have about 10x the number of lenses anyone can possibly need. There are thousands of quality lenses that can be had for very reasonable prices. To me the quoted $600 for the Helios is laughable, for 200 Euros, yeah, I am interested. However, if there are people that are ready to buy at $600, then the asking price is correct.

..and anyway the lens is probably better than most photographers Wink
Canon A1, AV1, T70 & T90, Contax 139, Fuji STX-2, Konica Autoreflex TC, FS-1, FT-1 & C35, Minolta X-700, X-300, SRT101b and AFZ, Nikon L35ad, RF2, EM, N2000 and F401, F90X, Olympus Om20 & OM2, Pentax S3, Praktica MTL3, TL 5B, & BC1, , Ricoh KR10super, Yashica T5D, Bronica Etrs, Mamiya RB67 pro AND drum roll:- a Sony DSC-P92
.........past gear Tele Rolleiflex and Rollei SL66.
Many lenses from crap to excellent.
hoanpham

Level 3

Expire: 2015-01-18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
fermy wrote:

..and anyway the lens is probably better than most photographers Wink

True. But I feel more confident with gears Very Happy

$600 is way to high for my budget for this lens.
rawhead

Level 3

Expire: 2014-04-29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:

Sure, the price is *always* right as long as there are buyers. On Ebay, they're still going for $750-$800 Smile

BUT, the main points about this news are that (1) KMZ is producing these lenses again, and (2) they're setting the price a much more decent price point in comparison to the inflated Ebay "going" rate.

If there are people out there who are going to the factory and buying up all the stock to keep the flow of the new batches less than a trickle so that they can continue to resell these at the current inflated prices, then that really defies the reasons why people like me are excited about this new.

Hell, I paid $500 for a moderately beat up 40-2 several months ago (after having stupidly sold a near perfect sample at $350 or thereabouts a few years prior), I'd probaby pay $600 for a LNIB copy. HOWEVER, as I understand that doing so would be feeding and encouraging this kind of act, so I wouldn't purchase it, if only on principle.
Sony α7R, Pentax 67II, Kiev-60, Hasselblad 203FE, 903SWC, Graflex Norita 66, Mamiya M645 1000s, Burke & James 8x10, Graflex Pacemaker Speed Graphic (4x5 and 3x4), Century Graphic (2x3), R.B. Graflex Seried D, Rolleiflex SL66E, Rolleiflex 2.8C Xenotar, Mamiya C330f, a few M42, six P6, three OM, four Hasselblad, two Pentax 67, two Mamiya 645, one Noritar, and a sprinkle of EF. Oh, and an Aero Ektar and Leica Noctilux
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  No rate
Pinkerator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 600$ - guys, you could offer cost that you like in private messages.

This is a cost for first months because it's really really hard to buy lenses right now. When enough lenses will be produced - the price will drop and I'll write you a message about it. I just need to know how much people want to have that lens in collection.
enliten

Level 1

Expire: 2014-07-03

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any reviews out yet?

I'm interested in knowing if there are newer coatings, good build quality, etc.

Digital: Canon EOS 7D
Film SLRs: Zenit 122, Nikon F55, Nikon FM2, Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax ME Super, Pentax K1000, Minolta SR1

Rangefinders: Konica Auto S2, Zeiss Ikon Contessa LKE, Zeiss Ikon Continette, Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 521/16, Fed 5B

50's: Super Takumar 50 f1.4, Helios 44-m6,, Minolta MD 50 f1.4, Meyer Optik Oreston 50 f1.8, Olympus 50 f1.4, Industar 55 f2.8 (RF), Jupiter-3 50 f1.5 (RF), Yashinon DS 50 f1.4, Zeiss Jena 50 f2.8, Zeiss Pancolar 50 f1.8

Med Tele: Jupiter-11 135 f4 (RF), Mamiya 120 f4 Macro (645), Meyer Optik Trioplan 100 f2.8, Jupiter-9 85 f2

Tele: Jupiter-21a 200mm f4

Wide: Rikenon 35 2.8, Rikenon 28 f2.8, Minolta MD 28 f2.8, Minolta MD 24 f2.8, Pentacon 30 f3.5, Enna Werk Munchen Lithagon 35 f4.5

Autofocus: Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 50 1.4, Tokina 11-16 2.8
padam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting one, as I found a distant friend who works close to the shop and can buy one for me when they are available (argh if I came up with this a bit quicker I would have got the discount as well...)
But it will take some time till I can get them.
Pancolart

Level 4

Expire: 2013-11-18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all posts by fresh members should be blocked in this topic Wink. The thing is already strange enough.
zenit55

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens looks cool, but for me a part of the appeal of these soviet lenses is not only they are good, but also there is no more soviet union, so there would never be any more true soviet era lenses. Might be a bit silly but that's my opinion.

I'd pay 400-500 for an old one in great shape, but most I'd pay for modern one would be $350. I bet soon they will manufacture a bunch of them and they will be readily available like the zenitars and mirs they currently produce.
padam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it might be a little risky to get one without knowing how similar it is to the older versions, but at least I don't have to worry about dust just yet.

And it is autumn and from what I saw it seems like a really good "autumn portrait lens" so I hope to get it working soon. It will be my first manual lens and from what I gathered it is not so easy to handle so it's going to be a real challenge Smile
Attila

Level 4

Expire: 2016-11-18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:

+1 I had/have all version in past and present not worth at all for 600 USD.

35mm: Konica A4, Konica IIIA, Konica FC-1
MF: Konica Pearl I,II,III 6x4,5 Konica Semi Pearl
Film: Foma,Kodak, Fuji DIY development C41, FOMA LQR
Scan: Epson V500, scanassist (http://www.scanassist.org)
Shutter tester: LCD tester from member vfmoto
Digital: Panasonic G1, Sony Nex-3, Samsung NX100
Lenses: Konica Hexanons,Carl Zeiss,Carl Zeiss Jena,Meyer-Optik,Minolta MD,Yashica ML,Nikon,Olympus OM
DIY E-6,C41 and B&W
Attila

Level 4

Expire: 2016-11-18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zenit55 wrote:
This lens looks cool, but for me a part of the appeal of these soviet lenses is not only they are good, but also there is no more soviet union, so there would never be any more true soviet era lenses. Might be a bit silly but that's my opinion.

I'd pay 400-500 for an old one in great shape, but most I'd pay for modern one would be $350. I bet soon they will manufacture a bunch of them and they will be readily available like the zenitars and mirs they currently produce.

+1 I respect also those what are part if history and not actual product.

35mm: Konica A4, Konica IIIA, Konica FC-1
MF: Konica Pearl I,II,III 6x4,5 Konica Semi Pearl
Film: Foma,Kodak, Fuji DIY development C41, FOMA LQR
Scan: Epson V500, scanassist (http://www.scanassist.org)
Shutter tester: LCD tester from member vfmoto
Digital: Panasonic G1, Sony Nex-3, Samsung NX100
Lenses: Konica Hexanons,Carl Zeiss,Carl Zeiss Jena,Meyer-Optik,Minolta MD,Yashica ML,Nikon,Olympus OM
DIY E-6,C41 and B&W
nukemall

Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new Helios-40-2:

Price(see sales slip at right) is 8041rub., about $260
Sirrith

Level 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:
About 600$ - guys, you could offer cost that you like in private messages.

This is a cost for first months because it's really really hard to buy lenses right now. When enough lenses will be produced - the price will drop and I'll write you a message about it. I just need to know how much people want to have that lens in collection.

The only problem with your reasoning is that it might be really hard to buy it, but its still only costing you $260 from the store. Just because you can't buy 20 at a time doesn't make it more expensive for you.

A lot of us are interested in this lens, as are many others around the internet, and we would be more than willing to pay a fair price for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index -> Manual Focus Lenses All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: