Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Production resumed Helios 40-2, Zenitar, TeleZenitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a custom Ebay search for "Helios 40". They fetch remarkably consistent prices, there's never a bargain.

Today I see an Ebay auction which says it's for a NEW Helios 40-2, M42, available 9/26, BIN $USD 550.

Click here to see on Ebay

I'm not affiliated with this guy, etc. But I knew you guys would be interested

Laughing

We seem to live in interesting times.

Even if I had the cash right now it's staying right in my wallet until some brave soul orders one, receives it, and posts test shots.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the price will drop when more and more seller start selling the new lens. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
I've got a custom Ebay search for "Helios 40". They fetch remarkably consistent prices, there's never a bargain.

Today I see an Ebay auction which says it's for a NEW Helios 40-2, M42, available 9/26, BIN $USD 550.

Click here to see on Ebay

I'm not affiliated with this guy, etc. But I knew you guys would be interested

I don't know about the sale, he has 0 feedback as a seller, all feedback is as a buyer. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kpoxobop&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller
The picture is the same as the one posted in the thread linked to on the first page.

I urge caution.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:

I don't know about the sale, he has 0 feedback as a seller, all feedback is as a buyer. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kpoxobop&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller
The picture is the same as the one posted in the thread linked to on the first page.

I urge caution.

Good eye, didn't notice that.

Again I'm not endorsing this auction, just sharing another little scrap of gossip.

Hopefully in a couple of months these will start showing up at rugift or some other trusted outlet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fuzzywuzzy"]
Lightshow wrote:

Hopefully in a couple of months these will start showing up at rugift or some other trusted outlet.

The second a New Mir 20/3.5 shows up, I'm having it. I want one of these, but I can't risk losing out on the cash if it doesn't turn up. I've decided I am getting one, probably around Xmas (seeing as the Missus is always at a loss for Ideas for me). If it's early, then so be it, I'm still getting it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Production resumed Helios 40-2, Zenitar, TeleZenitar Reply with quote

Official news http://www.zenit-foto.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=600:2012-09-19-07-03-08&catid=8:news&Itemid=104

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Production resumed Helios 40-2, Zenitar, TeleZenitar Reply with quote

fotkino wrote:
Official news http://www.zenit-foto.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=600:2012-09-19-07-03-08&catid=8:news&Itemid=104

AWESOME!!!! The APO Telezenitar looks intriguing as well... you could buy all three of these for what the Helios 40-2 is fetching on Ebay these days :LOL:

I want!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't overlook the Zenitar M2S 2/50 either, it's a wonderful lens, better than many of the old Japanese 50s.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a European retailer?
They would sell a lot more this way I think.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting more and more interesting...

@ fotkino: According to the link you kindly provided, at the bottom line there is an announced offer of 20% discount for the full lens range till 7 October, is my understanding correct?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC MIR-20mm 1:3.5 for 7,612 Rubles. That's like $245. Holy heck that's a good price for a brand new ultra-wide. Too bad it sounds like they'll only be making them for Canon and Nikon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
Getting more and more interesting...

@ fotkino: According to the link you kindly provided, at the bottom line there is an announced offer of 20% discount for the full lens range till 7 October, is my understanding correct?

Yes, you understood correctly, but the lens is out of stock now.
I just called the store and asked about Helios. The first batch of Helios 40-2 to appear on next week, but how many of them will go on sale - they can not say, but to tell the approximate amount of first batch - 10 to 50 pieces. They said that a lot of pre-orders. So I asked what version will be on sale - only M42. Other versions are in development, and when to go on sale - not known.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotkino wrote:

Yes, you understood correctly, but the lens is out of stock now.
I just called the store and asked about Helios. The first batch of Helios 40-2 to appear on next week, but how many of them will go on sale - they can not say, but to tell the approximate amount of first batch - 10 to 50 pieces. They said that a lot of pre-orders. So I asked what version will be on sale - only M42. Other versions are in development, and when to go on sale - not known.

Ah, the lack of marketing or distribution channels makes perfect sense now, they need to ramp up before they can satisfy Russian demand, never mind international customers.

Still, even a slow trickle of new KMZ lenses is great news. Hopefully they'll soon iron out the kinks and ramp up production.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the M42 lenses will be used instead of native K-mounts.

I'm interested in this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, there is no news about someone even be able to buy one new Helios 40-2 in the store.
In the Russian segment of the network, there is no review or test, or information from the new happy owner.
It is not clear.

According to rumors: total was made only 100 pieces, but where did they go - is not clear.
Available lenses will not until next summer.
The price will be higher.

Did anyone buy a new Helios 40-2? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder at which price they will sell the new Helios 40-2 lens.
At the Photokina fair they said something about 450-500 Euro, when I understand right :-/

But the other lenses they showed where interessting too!
85/1.4 in smaller mount. And a super fast 50mm/1.2 lens. My first feeling about image quality was bad at the fair, compared Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2 to the new lens, but after looking at the images in Lightroom I have to alter this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Good information and I will try Helios 40-2 again.
But I save this information soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens exists

It is sure not fake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks beautiful. I just need a place to enter my credit card info Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1264921.html

Here is a topic on 'Market'. If you want to buy new Helios 40-2 lens - check it Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:

Here is a topic on 'Market'. If you want to buy new Helios 40-2 lens - check it Smile

I already have a copy; I'm not going to be interested in paying $600 for my second one Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But most likely this new copy should have much better coating than the lenses made in the 70s and 80s.
I used to have something like 5 or 6 different Helios-40-2 and Helios-40, and, let's admit it, shooting them
in the sunlight was a real PITA, because the coating was so weak (even in the black ones) that is was
nearly impossible to avoid, if not direct flare, at least internal reflections.

If I had some money to be spent on lenses, I would really consider buying such a new copy of the Helios-40-2
The image rendition of the lens is lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$600 is very disappointing. I'll pass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:

I wonder why there's no "MC" letter on the front ring of the lens in that link.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzP8mJKd-MY&feature=colike
(video is not mine)