Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems with infinity focus on A6000
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Eriksen wrote:
I think I will go to a photoshop with my camera first and find out more and come back in this discussion when I´m sure what is wrong. I know that the focus of my lenses don´t reach beyond infinity cause it works properly with the Konica adapter which is over 1mm shorter.

And if the other adapters were 1mm too short the register distance would be correct.

Therefore either the sensor is 1mm deeper into the body or the lens mounting plate has 1mm gap between itself & body.

Photoshop can verify. Smile

The other adapters are correct according to the correct preferences. I´ve already wrote down the thickness of the adapters in an earlier post and if you want, you can check it yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
My attempts have been to clarify what I think is a misunderstanding. We know that infinity is a point where the distance is in focus and that point is before the distance falls back out of focus. I suspect Eriksen thinks of infinity as the point on the lens' distance scale where the focus ring hits its hard stop.

I know what you mean, but I can´t focus at the objects far away regardless of where the focus ring is set.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, is this with 1 adapter or multiple adapters of the same mount, or multiple adapters of different mounts?
Are other adapter lens combinations working like normal?
What lens/adapter combinations do you have? I have around 10 different mounts that are adapted to my E/FE cameras, and each mount has multiple lenses, I can test and compare combinations if I have an issue with any combo, it doesn't take me long to diagnose where the issue is being caused, a too thick of an adapter will cause loss of infinity(very common, but being too short is far more common), as will a camera that has a too large of a register(not very common), or a lens that is out of spec(somewhat common, and easily tested with multiple lenses)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eriksen wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Eriksen wrote:
I think I will go to a photoshop with my camera first and find out more and come back in this discussion when I´m sure what is wrong. I know that the focus of my lenses don´t reach beyond infinity cause it works properly with the Konica adapter which is over 1mm shorter.

And if the other adapters were 1mm too short the register distance would be correct.

Therefore either the sensor is 1mm deeper into the body or the lens mounting plate has 1mm gap between itself & body.

The other adapters are correct according to the correct preferences. I´ve already wrote down the thickness of the adapters in an earlier post and if you want, you can check it yourself.

Yes I remember. I said IF all the other adapters were 1mm short like the Konica, those other lenses would reach infinity too. I didn't say they were 1mm short. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
To clarify, is this with 1 adapter or multiple adapters of the same mount, or multiple adapters of different mounts?
Are other adapter lens combinations working like normal?
What lens/adapter combinations do you have? I have around 10 different mounts that are adapted to my E/FE cameras, and each mount has multiple lenses, I can test and compare combinations if I have an issue with any combo, it doesn't take me long to diagnose where the issue is being caused, a too thick of an adapter will cause loss of infinity(very common, but being too short is far more common), as will a camera that has a too large of a register(not very common), or a lens that is out of spec(somewhat common, and easily tested with multiple lenses)

I have tested with multiple lenses and multiple adapters and it´s only the Konica adapter that work because it´s over 1mm to short.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Eriksen wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Eriksen wrote:

Yes I remember. I said IF all the other adapters were 1mm short like the Konica, those other lenses would reach infinity too. I didn't say they were 1mm short. Smile

I see. Sorry for the missunderstanding..

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eriksen: Do you have an update for us?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Eriksen: Do you have an update for us?

I have sent the camera to free guaranty service, and will have it back in a couple of days. I will then update this post and tell the result.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now got my camera back from service and they have replaced the sensor and adjusted it. I have tried it now with a Nikon lens and it looks like it have the same focus distance as an ordinary 35mm Nikon camera.