Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Problem with Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N Reply with quote

I have one lens, like that:

Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N

And i'm trying to use it with a Nikkor Ai - EOS adaptor on a 7D Câmera.

But this fits with a lot dificult and cant focus on infinite.

The same adaptor has a problem with a Nikkor N 50mm f1.4, in this case, the lens fits and focus ok, but the aperture ring stay locked.

I need buy another adapter? at my Nikon D90, the lens works with no problem, and all mu other nikkors lens works with adapter very well.

Any one have experience about it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N Reply with quote

Gianusbirus wrote:

Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N

The same adaptor has a problem with a Nikkor N 50mm f1.4, in this case, the lens fits and focus ok, but the aperture ring stay locked.

I need buy another adapter? at my Nikon D90, the lens works with no problem, and all mu other nikkors lens works with adapter very well.

There are two types of adapters. Ones with a lever have difficulties mounting non-Ai lenses. You need an older type that comes with a spring-loaded mechanism. It looks like this:

Note the spring on a side.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, man!
Thank you, i will search for it on Ebay now.
A lot of Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Gianusbirus wrote:

Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N

There are two types of adapters. Ones with a lever have difficulties mounting non-Ai lenses. You need an older type that comes with a spring-loaded mechanism. It looks like this:

Note the spring on a side.

I have notice at my adaptor and it have the spring.
The problem with 50mm f1.4 is ok now, i took the crab gear, it was clashing with the edge of adaptor.

The 35mm fits ok now, but dont focus on infinity.
Any one have this lens and use on Digital EOS cameras?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N Reply with quote

Gianusbirus wrote:

Hi, I've an early non-AI Nikkor-N 35/1.4 and it works fine with the 2 cheap adaptors I have on my 40D. These cheap adapters can have quite a bit different tolerances to them...which of course is why they are cheap Very Happy

Maybe order an adapter from a different seller and see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N Reply with quote

eggboy wrote:
Gianusbirus wrote:

Hi, I've an early non-AI Nikkor-N 35/1.4 and it works fine with the 2 cheap adaptors I have on my 40D. These cheap adapters can have quite a bit different tolerances to them...which of course is why they are cheap Very Happy

Maybe order an adapter from a different seller and see what happens.

But the lens dont focus on infinty when i fit in my Nikkormat, without adaptors.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nikkor 35mm f1.4 N Reply with quote

Quote:
But the lens dont focus on infinty when i fit in my Nikkormat, without adaptors.
If it does not focus on Nikon bodies maybe the infinity stop has moved and needs recalibration. There is surely here around someone with Nikkor knowledge that will provide instruction for that.

Cheers, M.