Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with new CZJ Pancolar 55mm f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Problem with new CZJ Pancolar 55mm f1.4 Reply with quote

Hi,
I recently bought this lens:
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1840.html

I just tried to mount it on my Fuji via M42-FX adapter. The problem is that I cannot change aperture, it is stuck when mounted on the adapter. However it works ok when detached.

For what I see the problem is the pin highlighted in the pictures below, which comes out when I stop down the lens. When mounted the pin cannot come out, so aperture is stuck WO.

Should I simply remove it to be able to stop down? Indeed, I do not see here: https://lens-db.com/carl-zeiss-jena-pancolar-55mm-f14-1966/ (fifth image)

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set desires apertute, then push that little lever on the side. Does the aperture move? If yes, you're all set. You focus wide open and push the lever before taking the shot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atiratha wrote:
Set desires apertute, then push that little lever on the side. Does the aperture move? If yes, you're all set. You focus wide open and push the lever before taking the shot.

Maybe I was not clear enough, the aperture can be set only one the lens is detached, once on the adapter it prevents the blades to close

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
atiratha wrote:

Maybe I was not clear enough, the aperture can be set only one the lens is detached, once on the adapter it prevents the blades to close

is there a switch on the lens side with "auto/manual" ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
wolan wrote:
atiratha wrote:

is there a switch on the lens side with "auto/manual" ?

Nope, just a lever to stop down to the preselected aperture: https://lens-db.com/carl-zeiss-jena-pancolar-55mm-f14-1966

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe an adapter like this will help.

https://fotodioxpro.com/products/m42-snye-p-v2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the pin has been removed from lens shown at Lens dB.

So, either press the lever when shutter is pressed, or, open the lens remove the pin. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Pentacon super lens, so switch it to normal M42 modus and the pin will disappear!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
It is a Pentacon super lens, so switch it to normal M42 modus and the pin will disappear!

Ok, but how I "switch it to normal M42 modus"? There is no switch on the lens, is it done inside it?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:

Thank you very much and shame on me! I had not noticed the switch...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just afraid you would start messing up that wonderful lens by removing or destroying the index pin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
I was just afraid you would start messing up that wonderful lens by removing or destroying the index pin

Thank you! Apologies for the ignorant suggestion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:

Thanks for caring about my lens Wink
I guess it must be because of the things you hear in this forum that you chose that avatar in your profile Smile