Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with M42-Olympus Adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Problem with M42-Olympus Adapter Reply with quote

Hi, Olympus users!

A photo friend of mine has a problem with his M42-Olympus-adapter.
He has published a video about it:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowSAW#p/a/u/0/iZc5gl3uQdE

Then problem is that he cannot remove the adapter. He turns and turns but it's like gear in neutral / idle state.

Can somebody help, please?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has two parts one inner part with M42 screw which is stuck on lens and black ring with 4/3 mount , these two are fixed with small screws on side . I believe in this case small screws not enough strong to keep two parts together , but still screwed enough deep to fix mount but with play ...

My suggestion is find small screws on adapter side and screw them out , after take off 4/3 mount.

In second step with a clothes or with other tool he able to unscrew M42 part of mount from lens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila. This is exactly what I have suggested. There is a small socket screw that I have pointed him at.
Thanks for the confirmation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Attila!

I just received a mail that the problem is solved now.