Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with coating? Jupiter-6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Problem with coating? Jupiter-6 Reply with quote

Hello,

I just received this item, and I noticed weird thing on the rear glass :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzGOjzNpXDo&feature=youtu.be

What are those "triangles"? I didn't have time to test it, but I wanted to have your opinion about this thing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it looks like a deterioration of the original coating.
Shouldn't be anything to worry about I would think.
Test it and see.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not another same lens to compare with, you shoul never know the real iq of the lens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I don't have another J-6...

Today we have very bad weather for photos, I just made a few try. Looks ok to me... pity that I can't see how it react to bright sun (but good that I have a hood)

Straight from the cam...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....never seen those triangles before. Your images look great though! Looks like a keeper to me. I have so many lenses with flaws of one kind or another that are wonderful. I wouldn't worry unless the triangles affect the image somehow in bright sun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not worry, those spots on the coating are simply a bad example of factory work. Some lenses have these coating spots on them and it is very common in the Russian arsenal. It should not pose any threat to the quality.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coating damage on the rear element may apear on bokeh circles. Wide open aperture, focus to minimal distance then shot some kind of lamp. If there are no triangles on bokeh circles then ok. But even if they are present on the picture it is not evident usually.