Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prize fighters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Prize fighters Reply with quote

These two are my favorite SLR's and sport my favorite lens for each.
I know that some find the massive "wingflap" mirror in the 67 to be a potential issue. My copy has the MLU and after short practice it is easy to use handheld. The view thru this guys finder with the 55 3.5 is like looking out an open garage door.
The Contax RX has to be the most rugged precision camera ever produce. Full controls at your fingers ( no F-ing menus) and runs off real batteries you can buy anywhere. It balances perfectly with the Planar 2/100.

Here shown together they look like a couple of prize fighters having a night off ringside.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice brace of cams, for sure! That Pentax looks like a real bruiser. If
you wore that around your neck all day for weeks, you'd end up with a
19 1/2 neck size! LOL

Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cams sunshine
The pentax is quite big, I choice the Rx with the 100:2 Cool

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Pentax could persuade me it was worth using some film again.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Amazing!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy
I hope you have a truck for transporting that Pentax. Lovely pair you have

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Andy
I hope you have a truck for transporting that Pentax. Lovely pair you have

I'm glad you like my pair Wink Laughing Yes the Pentax is a beast. It really is quite a performer though. The negative is HUGE so you get lots to work with. I use it only for landscapes and IR. Although I did some Portraits for a family I know. They had some really big (20" plus) enlargements done in B+W. Beautiful smooth rendering even in the enlargements. Not a camera to carry around as a street shooter. Neither really is the RX for that matter.