Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prinz 2x teleconverter has interesting feature!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Prinz 2x teleconverter has interesting feature! Reply with quote

Hello.

This type of teleconverter has a hidden surprise inside:

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY0WDEwMjQ=/z/usMAAOxyhXRTOg-t/$_57.JPG[/img]

It consists of two mechanical parts, bottom one is removable (check for small screw on silver ring), and under it, there's standard T-Mount!, So you can easily use it with existing T-Mount adapter for your camera.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the full name as written on it? "???-I-Rim Lens Extender"

Does lens retain infinity focus when T-mount part is replaced with a T-mount for another camera?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this teleconverter for Minolta MD mount. When installed into T2 mount and fitted to Sony Alpha, it even overshoots infinity, tested with 28mm, 50mm, 58mm, 135mm Minolta MD lenses.

Btw, teleconverter itself not that great, with noticeable sharpness drop and CA even on cropped sensor. For comparison, Petri teleconverter delivered much better results.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the T-mount is on the base of the converter, what is there to prevent you using Minolta lenses on say a Pentax with an M42 T-mount??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD lenses have shorter register distance than P, K, A, T, Nikon and many other mounts. So with standard (glassless) adapter, you will only get macro focusing abilities. There are glassed adapters, but they cost much more than this teleconverter Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thinking there is, the minolta fit at the front is designed so the lens will work with the lenses in the adapter which then projects onto the film plane. If there is a t-mount on the camera end why wouldnt it work with an M42 camera for example.

I really suspect it wouldnt, so what is the purpose of having a T-mount in the first place?