Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Primagon 4.5/35 M42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Primagon 4.5/35 M42 mount Reply with quote

I have just received this lens in the mail and I can't wait to try it out. I have seen some great samples on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Primagon 4.5/35 M42 mount Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have just received this lens in the mail and I can't wait to try it out. I have seen some great samples on this forum.

It's a good enough lens Mo.
I will be interested in your experiences with it.
Look forward to your piccies
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens itself, until I can get outside and find something to test it on...here kitty kitty kitty.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Mo, it's a truly superb lens, sharp even wide open (on APS-C, on FF corners are soft wide open) with rich colours and a wonderful character.

One of my all-time favourite lenses and one I will never sell.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Congrats Mo, it's a truly superb lens, sharp even wide open (on APS-C, on FF corners are soft wide open) with rich colours and a wonderful character.

One of my all-time favourite lenses and one I will never sell.

Same here - except that I never used it on FF. When f4.5 is enough it's hard to beat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it on film sometimes, hence I know the FF corner performance is not so great wide open.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very lovely lens , sharp with good details, contrast nice 3D pops, congrats!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I was watching it for a few days and near the end of the auction curiousty got the better of me and I googled it. I was of course lead to this forum and saw the samples and thought YES,I had better bid on this lens.

The body condition is very good and the glass appears to be in average to good condition,small amount of fungus on the rear glass.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks,I was watching it for a few days and near the end of the auction curiousty got the better of me and I googled it. I was of course lead to this forum and saw the samples and thought YES,I had better bid on this lens.

The body condition is very good and the glass appears to be in average to good condition,small amount of fungus on the rear glass.

Looks clean enough to me Mo.
Congratulations on a great buy.
Enjoy
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the greatest test subjects but hopefully you can see the sharpness of this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp as a tack Mo.
Very nice indeed.
Sweet peas ready to flower?
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,Up out of the frost on the small patio, mid morning to all day sun when it's shining....perfect conditions.