Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prewar Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 530/16 + Svema Foto 65 Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject: Prewar Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 530/16 + Svema Foto 65 Film Reply with quote

Svema Foto 65 Film which had been expired at the year 1993. Exposed as 11 ASA

Lens - uncoated Tessar 2.8/8cm The diaphragm was 2.8 Handheld shot at a few seconds.

There is the full size image:

https://i.ibb.co/F4687Fc/Super-Ikonta-02.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you develop the film normally, or did you have to add any special processing to it? Also, I have some old film I've kept frozen, although not that old. I'm wondering how you arrived at a value of 11 ASA to shoot from.

Also, I'm a big fan of the Super Ikontas, especially the B. It's nice to see a shot from an early one. I own a late BX, with the coated lens and Synchro Compur shutter. I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Did you develop the film normally, or did you have to add any special processing to it?

I gave it to the professional developer, which was warned of what kind the film it is. So, I don't have any idea of what treatment it was used.

cooltouch wrote:
I have some old film I've kept frozen, although not that old.

That particular film have NEVER been refrigerated. I obtained the whole box of it as a gift from my friend. But even the new one it was horribly produced, taking in account the year of its production. The substrate was not that flat, but is really wreathed with the countless little depressions, and the back paper work of the film literally is kind of the rough brown casing-paper! Smile

cooltouch wrote:
I'm wondering how you arrived at a value of 11 ASA to shoot from.

Simply by the guess. Some shots I did with ASA 22, and the were underexposed. And some - with 11, which happened to be just OK. The main goal was to test the camera after the heavy repairs, so I needed any image to determine as it advances the film. And secondary I needed to test the film itself. For the future use, because I have yet some quantity of it in the box.