Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktika sale in Frankfurt/Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Praktika sale in Frankfurt/Main Reply with quote

I just passed the big Leica-shop named Photo-Hobby Rahn in Frankfurt (near Roßmarkt).
They have one window full of old Praktikas and other, older Cameras. The price per camera (with lense) is uniformally € 20.
The owner, Mr. Uhl, obviously took over more than hundred of them from a collegue, who closed his shop, took most of the cameras to a foto-market in France, where he was nearly mobbed by buyers, and sold everything in a matter of an hour or so.
The rest is in the window. The cameras have lenses from Zeiss, Schneider and Voigtländer. Maybe there are also others.

Check yourselves, if you live near here.
Thomas

P.S. In case you go there, don't forget to have a look at the exhibition of photos by the famous Cuban photographer Luis Castaneda. The exhibition will only be there for another few days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen any lenses which would be worth driving there Thomas? I guess all the nice stuff is gone in Bievres already...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't any lens from Zeiss, Schneider, or Voigtländer in M42 be worth 20€??

I'm envious... wish I could take a drive down there. Hell, I'd do a 5 hour drive there if that were possible Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Quote:
Seen any lenses which would be worth driving there Thomas? I guess all the nice stuff is gone in Bievres already...

Unfortunately I don't know enough about Zeiss , Voigtländer or Schneider lenses to decide, if it is worthwhile to drive there. Half of the window is full with older cameras with fixed lenses, many of them Voigtländers like Heliars, Skopars and others. Some of the Praktika cameras have Zeiss Tessars from different periods, one on a Contax looking quite modern, black. Others silver with the redt 'T'. Maybe this helps.

Thomas

I have just been back to the shop again. Except for the Cameras and lenses in the window, he has nine more cases mostly with lenses by Tokina and Soligor in a side-room. There are also two Minolta and two Olympus-cameras with normal lenses and a Nikon F 90. From Nikon there is a Q-Nikkor 135mm f 3.5 (lenses without cameras go at 10€ each)