Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica PL Nova I + Domiplan 50/2.8 + Agfa APX 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Praktica PL Nova I + Domiplan 50/2.8 + Agfa APX 400 Reply with quote

The Praktica is just about as basic an SLR camera as you can get and the Domiplan is supposedly one of the worst lenses ever produced in quantity but combined with an old film such as APX 400 and oldschool developer you get pretty nice, vintage looking results. That said, more than a few frames were out of focus (very basic finder) and exposure was at least a little off on pretty much all of them (sunny 16 and who knows how inaccurate the shutter speeds are). Film was Agfa APX 400, developed in Adonal 1+25 for 11:30 at 20°C. Negatives came out super flat and I had to turn contrast up to 11 in post which exaggerated grain to the extreme. Here's 5 frames that came out decent enough:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

Rodinal pictures do get you "sand in the eyes" -feeling Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
Like 1 small

Rodinal pictures do get you "sand in the eyes" -feeling Smile

Thought it was grain, heh...

Atherwise nice stuff. Most the last one seems to me by my taste.