Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Power of Pentacon 2.8/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Power of Pentacon 2.8/135mm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, the Pentacons are really nice lenses.
The Kadlubek lens catalog estimantes about 50 Euro for a 2.8/135 in mint condition. Which is a bargain if you consider the performance!

Carsten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon and Meyers rather than Meyers are hidden diamonds, low respected lens this my luck I bought around 8-10 pieces from Pentacon 135mm variants. I found older are better, sure I always would to see this Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sometimes you still can find some gems under all the overpriced lenses!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Nice, the Pentacons are really nice lenses.
The Kadlubek lens catalog estimantes about 50 Euro for a 2.8/135 in mint condition. Which is a bargain if you consider the performance!

Carsten

Can you tell me what is the value of SMC Takumar 85mm f/1.8 M42 ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure!

It is listed with a price of € 204,- in the catalogue.

These prices refer to lenses in absolute mint condition sold by professional vendors. Thus you can get most lenses cheaper on eBay, still.

Carsten

P.S.: Because of your pics and report I just have bought a Pentacon 2.8/135 the other day. I watched many auctions and finally got on for about € 15,- (plus € 4,- for shipping). I'm waiting for delivery.
I realized that my good 135mm lenses all start at f3.5 (or f4) and my f2.8/135 do not perform equally well. They are not bad but not as good as my CZJ or Jupiter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Sure!

It is listed with a price of € 204,- in the catalogue.

These prices refer to lenses in absolute mint condition sold by professional vendors. Thus you can get most lenses cheaper on eBay, still.

Carsten

P.S.: Because of your pics and report I just have bought a Pentacon 2.8/135 the other day. I watched many auctions and finally got on for about € 15,- (plus € 4,- for shipping). I'm waiting for delivery.
I realized that my good 135mm lenses all start at f3.5 (or f4) and my f2.8/135 do not perform equally well. They are not bad but not as good as my CZJ or Jupiter.

Thanks for info the info. Hopefully you will love your Pentacon same than me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures, Attila. The first one, full of atmosphere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I so proud about this picture, this is a good sample why I don't do bookshelf test and other technical tests.