Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portrait Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Meyer-Optik Grlitz Orestor 2.8/100


PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Portrait Reply with quote

Canon T2i EF 50/1.8 @2.8



PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote






Meyer-Optik Grlitz Orestor 2.8/100


PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An high key attempt (noisy because I increased exposure in pp). Made with a Triotar 135/4, Canon 60D.



PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Enzo:
WOW !! Surprised
This is one of the best portraits in this thread!
I absolutely love it!

@ Andrea:
the portrait of the young girl is very good, because she looks very natural. Also the focus is very precise.
The photos with the older model are a bit too affettate (affected? Have no idea how to say it in English),
in the first photo the model looks rigid. In the third photo the light is very good.

@ adent:
Great idea for the pose, unfortunately it is quite back focused.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote




PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are much better than the previous ones, Andrea.
I like both, but especially the first one.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb indeed Andrea! (a tad too dark on my monitor though, so eye details get lost)


PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

than you very much! for all!


PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Orio. In a series of more posed shots, made just for testing the new camera, this one is spontaneous, and "obtained" by stumbling upon a pouf while moving backwards from my wife to the camera... this is towards the end of the long laughter Smile .


PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK how about a night portrait? I love when the sunset sets up a background like this.



Same girl as the first shot just earlier before she got dressed up to go out.



PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Only kind of a portrait.


PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some truly amazing portraits in this thread. Very inspiring!

Sharing a few of my favourites.

Pentacon zebra 135mm 2.8

Helios 44-2


Tokina Vivitar 35mm 2.8

Jupiter 37A

Nikkor-P 105mm 2.5

Pentacon zebra 135mm 2.8


PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all excellent heartcat, I particularly like the kid with the ice cream!.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Rokkor 135mm f3.5 Reply with quote

First test shot with rokkor 135mm 3.5
My girlfriend.

Smile


PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rok.
She's beautiful.
I like contrast between blue eyes and dark hair a lot.

Bokeh is wonderful.
This lens gives some very pleasant softness, which is good for portrait.

Congrats, for the whole : photograph, photographer, lens... and girlfriend. Wink


@ Heartcat
The Helios-44 2 are amazing. I especially like the boy's brown eyes popping out of my screen.
The Nikkor-105 2.5 has beautiful tones in blue and brown. I regret the advertising on the cup.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartcat, I like much you numbers #2 #4 and #6.
I would have voted for them, but voting requires to "enter Google project" and I have no intention of doing that
(whatever that is).


PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Heartcat, I like much you numbers #2 #4 and #6.
I would have voted for them, but voting requires to "enter Google project" and I have no intention of doing that
(whatever that is).

Orio, that's strange. It doesn't do that for me. When I click on "rate it", the voting screen appears directly.
I'm using IE9.
Cheers,


PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me back my hat!

Taken with the amazing Zeiss VarioSonnar 35-70 f/3.4 Contax
Around 35mm, cropped. Flash aimed at the ceiling.
Absolutely no post processing, except -2/3 stop exp. adjustment.
Click to see the original.



PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Orio wrote:
Heartcat, I like much you numbers #2 #4 and #6.
I would have voted for them, but voting requires to "enter Google project" and I have no intention of doing that
(whatever that is).

Orio, that's strange. It doesn't do that for me. When I click on "rate it", the voting screen appears directly.
I'm using IE9.
Cheers,


Stupid me, I confused the rating with the +1 button Rolling Eyes

By the way: since this is supposed to be a contest, please post one picture per reply, otherwise one has to vote collectively.


PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Hi Rok.
She's beautiful.
I like contrast between blue eyes and dark hair a lot.

Bokeh is wonderful.
This lens gives some very pleasant softness, which is good for portrait.

Congrats, for the whole : photograph, photographer, lens... and girlfriend. Wink


@ Heartcat
The Helios-44 2 are amazing. I especially like the boy's brown eyes popping out of my screen.
The Nikkor-105 2.5 has beautiful tones in blue and brown. I regret the advertising on the cup.


Thanks! I missed focus on that photo. Maybe this is better. Smile


PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soft vivitar 75-250mm wide open at 250mm.



Some Zuiko 50mm f1.8 samples





PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


Superpan 200 and Minolta MC Rokkor 50mm F1.4


PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shot with cyclop


PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken with D/B cameras 35/2.8 with background replacement. Had people walking etc.....