Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portland Maine - Vega 12 - Kiev 88 - Portra 160vc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Portland Maine - Vega 12 - Kiev 88 - Portra 160vc Reply with quote

I had posted these pictures before in the "Show your squares" thread in the film SLR and TLR area but not received much feedback. Because I'm attempting to invest myself a bit more heavily into medium format, I would greatly appreciate a few more comments and hopefully some criticism. If they are not worth the time, I understand, I just thought they may have been passed over because of the sheer amount of 6x6 pictures posted. Thank you!

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow these are really nice. Almost 3D looking. How were they digitized?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you found your combo image quality is really good (shorter distance is not so hard for any cameras) in my experience what is really hard for them to make sharp detailed images at infinity distance with lot of details. For portraits and shorter distance shoots like this I think this is a perfect set. If you willing to shoot landscapes, cityscapes also try it with slide and at infinity subject distance. My result was poor with film at infinity.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the pic with the hatchet. The one with the wheel barrow looks like it was snipped using Photoshop, IMHO. I'm sure it wasn't though.

All nice pics.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are negative scans done with the epson v700. All auto adjustments off.

I don't take many landscapes. Portraiture is my main interest so I would agree that this combination is more than suitable. I will try in the future on a nice day. As you can see that was an overcast day and I had no tripod.

I'm not entirely sure what "snipped" means in that context. The photos were only touched up for dust and levels were adjusted slightly. A mild unsharp mask (10%, radius 50) was applied to the full image ~6000x6000. Otherwise everything else is as it was scanned. The resizing may have accentuated the sharpness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case this is more than perfect set. VC is a damn fine film too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, great shots with this combo, I love the natural colors and the rendering/3D effect is also awesome Shocked ....I guess this great results are not only coming from the cam/lens but more from your skills!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the low perspective on the wheelbarrow combined with the shallow depth of field gives it that 3-D look. Well done!