Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Polaroid roll film.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Polaroid roll film. Reply with quote

Im curious to know if the spool for the type 47 film which is 72mm wide will take 70mm film as used for cinema [you might assume so but that's dangerous]. Are there other problems? Sprockets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two spools and measured them. I get 3.7" between the ends and 1" diameter with a 1/2" center core. There is a slot that goes through the core but does not reach the ends. The conversion give me 93.98mm so that is probably kinda loose for 70mm film.
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I must have some duff information with respect to the width of the original film. So the original film must have been this width. Impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A frame was 72x95 mm. I think have the camera wrong way round!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Because of the pods of developer on the edges, the film was quite a bit wider than the actual image. I have my roll film cameras converted to pack film and never used the roll film in them. I believe the roll film image was similar in size to the pack film. Are you going to attempt the 70mm film in a Polaroid roll film camera? I have several and can get any measurements you need. They are quite nice cameras especially the 110 series with the actual press camera lenses.
Pete