Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Polaroid roll film.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Polaroid roll film. Reply with quote

Im curious to know if the spool for the type 47 film which is 72mm wide will take 70mm film as used for cinema [you might assume so but that's dangerous]. Are there other problems? Sprockets.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two spools and measured them. I get 3.7" between the ends and 1" diameter with a 1/2" center core. There is a slot that goes through the core but does not reach the ends. The conversion give me 93.98mm so that is probably kinda loose for 70mm film.
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I must have some duff information with respect to the width of the original film. So the original film must have been this width. Impressive.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A frame was 72x95 mm. I think have the camera wrong way round!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Because of the pods of developer on the edges, the film was quite a bit wider than the actual image. I have my roll film cameras converted to pack film and never used the roll film in them. I believe the roll film image was similar in size to the pack film. Are you going to attempt the 70mm film in a Polaroid roll film camera? I have several and can get any measurements you need. They are quite nice cameras especially the 110 series with the actual press camera lenses.
Pete